J L Belinson
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Shanxi Province Cervical Cancer Screening Study: a cross-sectional comparative trial of multiple techniques to detect cervical neoplasiaJ Belinson
Department of Gynecology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 83:439-44. 2001....
- Cervical cancer screening by simple visual inspection after acetic acidJ L Belinson
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:441-4. 2001..To estimate the sensitivity and specificity of visual inspection using acetic acid as a primary screen for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)...
- Shanxi Province cervical cancer screening study II: self-sampling for high-risk human papillomavirus compared to direct sampling for human papillomavirus and liquid based cervical cytologyJ L Belinson
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:819-26. 2003..3% and the specificity was 81.2%. We conclude that self-sampling for HPV is less sensitive for >CIN II than the direct test, but similar to liquid based cytology...
- Treatment of relapsed carcinoma of the ovary with single-agent paclitaxel following exposure to paclitaxel and platinum employed as initial therapyK M Zanotti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 79:211-5. 2000....
- Optical coherence tomography as a diagnostic aid to visual inspection and colposcopy for preinvasive and invasive cancer of the uterine cervixP F Escobar
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Section of Gynecologic Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44118, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1815-22. 2006..On the basis of the above findings, we believe that this technology could potentially show greatest utility in the management of cervical dysplasia in low-resource settings where a single episode of care is most desirable...
- Safety and efficacy of adjuvant single-agent ifosfamide in uterine sarcomaD M Kushner
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Ohio 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 78:221-7. 2000..To our knowledge, the current study is the first to evaluate adjuvant ifosfamide in completely resected uterine sarcomas...
- Optical diagnosis of cervical dysplasiaP F Escobar
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Gynecologic Oncology Program, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:63-4. 2005
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy versus laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy in endometrial cancer: surgical and survival outcomesA Nickles Fader
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 16:333-9. 2009..To compare surgical and survival outcomes of patients with early-stage endometrial cancer (EC) who underwent total laparoscopic hysterectomy (TLH) or laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH) +/- lymphadenectomy...
- Diagnostic efficacy of optical coherence tomography in the management of preinvasive and invasive cancer of uterine cervix and vulvaP F Escobar
Gynecologic Oncology Program, Department of Gynecology/Obstetrics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:470-4. 2004..It has the potential to be a true optical biopsy. If diagnostically comparable to a biopsy, then clearly the ability of OCT to provide a point of service diagnosis would serve a significant advantage...
- Carboplatin skin testing: a skin-testing protocol for predicting hypersensitivity to carboplatin chemotherapyK M Zanotti
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44012, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3126-9. 2001..Presently, there is no reliable way to predict which patients may be at risk for this potentially severe adverse reaction. We developed a skin-test protocol to identify patients at high risk for HR to carboplatin chemotherapy...
- Risk factors for endometrial hyperplasia and cancer among women with abnormal bleedingA M Weber
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:594-8. 1999..To identify independent risk factors for endometrial neoplasia in women with abnormal perimenopausal or postmenopausal bleeding and to use those factors to develop and test a predictive model...
- The effect of radiation therapy on brain metastases from endometrial carcinoma: a retrospective studyA S Mahmoud-Ahmed
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 83:305-9. 2001..Although the number of patients was small, radiation therapy alone resulted in poor survival. Combination treatment with surgery and radiation therapy may improve survival for selected patients...