Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Emergency contraception: separating fact from fictionPelin Batur
Cleveland Clinic Independence Family Health Center, 5001 Rockside Road, Independence, OH 44131, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 79:771-6. 2012..This article reviews various emergency contraceptive options, their efficacy, and special considerations for use, and will attempt to clarify myths surrounding this topic...
- Discussing breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy with womenPelin Batur
Department of General Internal Medicine, Gault Women s Health and Breast Pavilion, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:838, 840, 843-4 passim. 2002..We discuss limitations of the study, questions that remain, and how to discuss the study with women at average risk and high risk for breast cancer...
- Increased prevalence of aortic stenosis in patients with arteriovenous malformations of the gastrointestinal tract in Heyde syndromePelin Batur
Departments of General Internal Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:1821-4. 2003..We examined whether there is an association between AVMs and AS when objective measures are used to diagnose these findings...
- Update on contraception: benefits and risks of the new formulationsPelin Batur
Gault Women s Health and Breast Pavilion, Department of General Internal Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:681-2, 685-6, 668-90 passim. 2003..Patient education regarding these options is essential for patient compliance and satisfaction...
- Menopausal hormone therapy (HT) in patients with breast cancerPelin Batur
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Women s Health Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Crown Centre II, Independence, OH 44131, USA
Maturitas 53:123-32. 2006..To assess the effect of menopausal hormone therapy (HT) on reoccurrence, cancer-related mortality, and overall mortality after a diagnosis of breast cancer...