Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Lack of killer immunoglobulin-like receptor 2DS2 (KIR2DS2) and KIR2DL2 is associated with poor responses to therapy of recurrent hepatitis C virus in liver transplant recipientsMedhat Askar
Allogen Laboratories, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Liver Transpl 15:1557-63. 2009..These findings support the role of natural killer and natural killer T cells in HCV clearance after LT and might be generalizable to treatment of HCV infection outside the setting of LT...
- HLA and MICA allosensitization patterns among patients supported by ventricular assist devicesMedhat Askar
Allogen Laboratories Transplant Center Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 32:1241-8. 2013..We investigate the association between VAD and allosensitization to human leukocyte antigens (HLA) and major-histocompatibility-complex (MHC) class I-related Chain A (MICA) antigens...
- 16(th) IHIW: global distribution of extended HLA haplotypesM Askar
Allogen Laboratories, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Immunogenet 40:31-8. 2013..The project will be extended through the 17th IHIW, and investigators interested in joining the project may communicate with the first author...
- Combined liver-kidney transplants: allosensitization and recipient outcomesMedhat Askar
Transplant Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Transplantation 91:1286-92. 2011..However, antibody-mediated rejection of the kidney in CLK has been reported recently. This prompted our study to investigate the impact of presensitization on CLK recipient outcomes...
- Predictions in the face of clinical reality: HistoCheck versus high-risk HLA allele mismatch combinations responsible for severe acute graft-versus-host diseaseMedhat Askar
Transplant Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44194, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1409-15. 2011..This analysis does not support selecting donors for HSCT recipients based on low HistoCheck SSM scores...
- Cytomegalovirus reactivation after matched sibling donor reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant correlates with donor killer immunoglobulin-like receptor genotypeRonald M Sobecks
Department of Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, OH, USA
Exp Clin Transplant 9:7-13. 2011..This study sought to assess whether donor inhibitory or activating killer immunoglobulin-like receptor genotypes may influence post-transplant cytomegalovirus reactivation in transplant recipients...
- Contrasting patterns of viral load response in transplant recipients with BK polyomavirus DNAemia on leflunomide therapyJennifer Cuellar-Rodríguez
Department of Infectious Disease, Medicine Institute, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Transplant 27:E230-6. 2013..It was observed at this center that the patterns of viral load response while on leflunomide appear to fall into two distinct types...
- Glomerular filtration rate slopes have significantly improved among renal transplants in the United StatesTitte R Srinivas
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Glickman Urologic and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Transplantation 90:1499-505. 2010..In recent years, the use of higher risk donor organs and steroid avoidance regimens with potential increased acute rejection risk have increased. We hypothesized that these patterns adversely affect changes in posttransplant renal function...
- The role of proteasome inhibition with bortezomib in the treatment of antibody-mediated rejection after kidney-only or kidney-combined organ transplantationStuart M Flechner
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Transplantation 90:1486-92. 2010..We report our initial experience in using the proteasome inhibitor, bortezomib, to treat established antibody-mediated rejection (AMR) in 20 patients...
- MICA polymorphism identified by whole genome array associated with NKG2D-mediated cytotoxicity in T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemiaAaron D Viny
Department of Translational Hematologic and Oncologic Research, Taussig Cancer Center R 40, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Haematologica 95:1713-21. 2010....
- Re-examination of sinusoidal deposition of complement 4d in liver allografts: experience from a single institutionMohannad Dugum
Department of Internal Medicine, Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:784-91. 2014..This suggests that mechanisms other than allo-immunity activate complement. The mechanisms and clinical significance of C4d deposition in liver allografts in patients with PSC remain to be determined. ..