Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Recombinant factor VII is associated with worse survival in complex cardiac surgical patientsAndrej Alfirevic
Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 98:618-24. 2014..Risk of thromboembolic complications and the dose-response of rFVIIa on mortality and morbidity were also evaluated...
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacementAndrej Alfirevic
Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 31:355-81. 2013..The key for successful procedural outcome involves thorough preparedness and knowledge of the pertinent procedural details...
- Transfusion increases the risk for vasoplegia after cardiac operationsAndrej Alfirevic
Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 92:812-9. 2011..We investigated the prevalence of mild and profound postoperative vasoplegia, identified factors associated with its development, and examined the role of RBC and component transfusion on the occurrence of postoperative vasoplegia...
- Single center TAVR experience with a focus on the prevention and management of catastrophic complicationsSamir R Kapadia
Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 84:834-42. 2014..We report here our single-center data on consecutive patients undergoing transfemoral (TF) TAVR since the inception of our program, with a special focus on minimizing and managing complications...
- Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest in a patient with osteogenesis imperfectaAndrej Alfirevic
Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:245-9. 2007