Peter B Marko
Affiliation: Clemson University
- The cytochrome P450 (CYP) gene superfamily in Daphnia pulexWilliam S Baldwin
Clemson University, Biological Sciences, Institute of Environmental Toxicology, Pendleton, SC, USA
BMC Genomics 10:169. 2009..The latter form a critical component of detoxification systems...
- The 'Expansion-Contraction' model of Pleistocene biogeography: rocky shores suffer a sea change?Peter B Marko
Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634 0314, USA
Mol Ecol 19:146-69. 2010..Our results indicate that the LGM did not extirpate the majority of species in the northeastern Pacific; instead, regional persistence during the LGM appears a common biogeographic history for rocky-shore organisms in this region...
- The complex analytical landscape of gene flow inferencePeter B Marko
Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Trends Ecol Evol 26:448-56. 2011..We advocate for the expanded use and development of methods that consider spatial differentiation as the product of multiple forces interacting over time, and caution against a routine reliance on post-hoc gene flow interpretations...
- Divergence genetics analysis reveals historical population genetic processes leading to contrasting phylogeographic patterns in co-distributed speciesTamara M McGovern
Department of Biological Sciences, 132 Long Hall, Clemson University, Clemson SC 29634 0314, USA
Mol Ecol 19:5043-60. 2010....
- Demographic processes underlying subtle patterns of population structure in the scalloped hammerhead shark, Sphyrna lewiniHolly A Nance
Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21459. 2011..Regardless of the cause, our data and analyses suggest that S. lewini was far more abundant throughout the EP in the past than at present...
- Genetic detection of mislabeled fish from a certified sustainable fisheryPeter B Marko
Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29631, USA
Curr Biol 21:R621-2. 2011..However, significant differences between MSC-certified Chilean sea bass and the sole certified fishery for this species indicate that uncertified fish were inserted into the MSC supply chain...