W S Baldwin
Affiliation: Clemson University
- Annotation, phylogenetics, and expression of the nuclear receptors in Daphnia pulexSusanne A Thomson
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
BMC Genomics 10:500. 2009..org. Nuclear receptor expression was evaluated and receptors were subjected to phylogenetic analyses to gain insight into evolution and function...
- Incomplete ecdysis is an indicator of ecdysteroid exposure in Daphnia magnaW S Baldwin
Biology Department, Anderson College, Anderson, South Carolina 29621, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:1564-9. 2001..Last, both exogenous 20-E and PoA show similar effects, including premature death associated with incomplete ecdysis, and the overall difference in toxicity is mostly likely due to receptor affinity...
- A concentration addition model for the activation of the constitutive androstane receptor by xenobiotic mixturesWilliam S Baldwin
Institute of Environmental Toxicology, Clemson University, Pendleton, South Carolina 29670, USA
Toxicol Sci 107:93-105. 2009..Overall, our data indicates that it is important to consider that we are exposed to a milieu of chemicals, and the efficacy of each individual chemical is not the sole factor in determining CAR's activity in mixture modeling...
- The cytochrome P450 (CYP) gene superfamily in Daphnia pulexWilliam S Baldwin
Clemson University, Biological Sciences, Institute of Environmental Toxicology, Pendleton, SC, USA
BMC Genomics 10:169. 2009..The latter form a critical component of detoxification systems...
- Sexually dimorphic regulation and induction of P450s by the constitutive androstane receptor (CAR)J P Hernandez
Biological Sciences, The University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX, USA
Toxicology 256:53-64. 2009..In summary, CAR regulates the basal and chemically inducible expression of several sexually dimorphic xenobiotic metabolizing P450s in a manner that varies depending on the ligand...
- CAR and PXR: xenosensors of endocrine disrupters?Xiomara C Kretschmer
University of Texas at El Paso, Biological Sciences, 500 W University Ave, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Chem Biol Interact 155:111-28. 2005....
- Impacts of Fenholloway River water on invertebrate biodiversity and growth of Daphnia magnaT R Kozel
Biology Department, Anderson College, Anderson, SC, USA
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 71:512-9. 2003
- Gender-specific induction of cytochrome P450s in nonylphenol-treated FVB/NJ miceJuan P Hernandez
Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, 500 W University Ave, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 216:186-96. 2006..In conclusion, NP causes gender-specific P450 induction and therefore exposure to NP may cause distinct pharmacological and toxicological effects in males compared to females...
- The environmental estrogen, nonylphenol, activates the constitutive androstane receptorJuan P Hernandez
Biological Sciences, The University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, Texas 79968, USA
Toxicol Sci 98:416-26. 2007..In conclusion, NP is a CAR activator, and this was demonstrated in vitro with transactivation assays and in vivo with transgenic CAR mouse models...