Michael E Clark
- Traumatic brain injury, polytrauma, and pain: challenges and treatment strategies for the polytrauma rehabilitationRonald J Gironda
Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences Service, James A Haley Veteran s Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Rehabil Psychol 54:247-58. 2009....
- Assessment and treatment of pain associated with combat-related polytraumaMichael E Clark
Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, James A Haley Veterans Affairs Hospital, Tampa, Florida, USA
Pain Med 10:456-69. 2009..We include a case study illustrating some key aspects of our approach...
- Designing an automated clinical decision support system to match clinical practice guidelines for opioid therapy for chronic painJodie A Trafton
Center for Health Care Evaluation CHCE, VA Palo Alto Health Care System and Stanford University Medical School, 795 Willow Road 152 MPD, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Implement Sci 5:26. 2010..The process and experiences described provide a model for development of other DSSs that translate written guidelines into actionable, real-time clinical recommendations...
- Pain and combat injuries in soldiers returning from Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom: implications for research and practiceMichael E Clark
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, 2CW, 13000 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:179-94. 2007..We also identify some of the pain assessment, classification, and treatment challenges emerging from work with this population and provide recommendations for future research and practice priorities...
- Comparison of pain and emotional symptoms in soldiers with polytrauma: unique aspects of blast exposureMichael E Clark
Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, James A Haley Veterans Affairs Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Pain Med 10:447-55. 2009..To compare the physical and emotional presentation and pain treatment outcomes of service members who sustained polytrauma secondary to blast with those of soldiers injured by other means...
- Pain among veterans of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi FreedomRonald J Gironda
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, and University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Pain Med 7:339-43. 2006..The demographic, etiologic, and diagnostic characteristics of 100 veterans with moderate to severe chronic pain conditions were examined in order to provide a description of this new group of pain patients...
- Cluster analysis of the pain outcomes questionnaireRonald J Gironda
Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Pain Med 9:813-23. 2008..The purpose of this study was to derive and describe subtypes of Pain Outcomes Questionnaire (POQ) profiles produced by a large, heterogeneous multisite sample of chronic pain patients (N = 672)...
- Systematic review of the literature on pain in patients with polytrauma including traumatic brain injurySteven K Dobscha
Portland Center for the Study of Chronic, Comorbid Physical and Mental Disorders, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97207, USA
Pain Med 10:1200-17. 2009....
- Prevalence of chronic pain, posttraumatic stress disorder, and persistent postconcussive symptoms in OIF/OEF veterans: polytrauma clinical triadHenry L Lew
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation PM and R Service, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 46:697-702. 2009..These results underscore the complexity of the presenting complaints in OIF/OEF veterans and support the importance of a multidisciplinary team approach to assessment and treatment...
- Preliminary evaluation of reliability and criterion validity of Actiwatch-ScoreRonald J Gironda
Outpatient Psychology Pain Services, Mental Health and Behavioral Psychology 116B, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, 13000 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:223-30. 2007..These results suggest that this device, and those like it, warrants further investigation and is likely to yield valuable data regarding the optimal application of this technology...
- Post-deployment pain: a need for rapid detection and interventionMichael E Clark
Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, Tampa VA Hospital, Tampa, FL, USA
Pain Med 5:333-4. 2004
- Upper limb pain in a national sample of veterans with paraplegiaRonald J Gironda
Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 27:120-7. 2004..Because the risk for UL pain conditions appears to increase over time, the associations among age, duration of wheelchair use, and UL pain were evaluated...
- Opioid cessation and multidimensional outcomes after interdisciplinary chronic pain treatmentJennifer L Murphy
Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Clin J Pain 29:109-17. 2013....
- Understand appropriate long-term use of opioids-seventeen years and countingMichael E Clark
James A Haley Veterans Affairs Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Clin J Pain 24:467-8. 2008
- Development and validation of the Pain Outcomes Questionnaire-VAMichael E Clark
Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612 4798, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 40:381-95. 2003..Results provided strong support for the reliability, validity, and clinical use of the POQ-VA when used to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment for veterans experiencing chronic noncancer pain...