Affiliation: Clarian Health Partners
- Curcumin and autoimmune diseaseJohn J Bright
Neuroscience Research Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Clarian Health, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 595:425-51. 2007..A precise understanding of effective dose, safe regiment, and mechanism of action is required for the use of curcumin in the treatment of human autoimmune diseases...
- Targeting PPAR as a therapy to treat multiple sclerosisJohn J Bright
Methodist Research Institute, Neuroscience Research Laboratory, 1800 N Capitol Avenue, Noyes Bldg E 504C, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Expert Opin Ther Targets 12:1565-75. 2008..The etiology of MS is not known but it is generally viewed as an autoimmune inflammatory disease of the CNS. Over the past decade, several anti-inflammatory drugs have been developed to control MS symptoms but there is no medical cure...
- 15-deoxy-Delta(12,14)-prostaglandin J(2) and curcumin modulate the expression of toll-like receptors 4 and 9 in autoimmune T lymphocyteWanida Chearwae
Neuroscience Research Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute at Clarian Health, 1800 North Capitol Avenue, Noyes Building E 504C, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Immunol 28:558-70. 2008..T lymphocytes also express TLRs and function as costimulatory receptors to upregulate proliferation and cytokine production in response to specific agonists...
- Stat4 isoforms differentially regulate inflammation and demyelination in experimental allergic encephalomyelitisCaiqing Mo
Neuroscience Research Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Immunol 181:5681-90. 2008..This study demonstrates that Stat4 isoforms differentially regulate inflammatory cytokines in association with distinct effects on the onset and severity of EAE...
- Curcumin inhibits experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by blocking IL-12 signaling through Janus kinase-STAT pathway in T lymphocytesChandramohan Natarajan
Division of Neuroimmunology, Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
J Immunol 168:6506-13. 2002..These findings highlight the fact that curcumin inhibits EAE by blocking IL-12 signaling in T cells and suggest its use in the treatment of MS and other Th1 cell-mediated inflammatory diseases...
- Targeting autoimmune diseases through nutraceuticalsJohn J Bright
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37212, USA
Nutrition 20:39-43. 2004
- Curcumin induces growth-arrest and apoptosis in association with the inhibition of constitutively active JAK-STAT pathway in T cell leukemiaJohnson Rajasingh
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:359-68. 2006..The induction of growth-arrest and apoptosis in association with the blockade of constitutively active JAK-STAT pathway suggests this be a mechanism by which curcumin induces antitumor activity in T cell leukemia...
- PPAR-gamma regulation of IL-12 in CNS demyelinationJohn Bright; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Curcumin inhibition of growth signaling in leukemiaJohn Bright; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..