Carolina P Clancy
- Lifetime trauma exposure in veterans with military-related posttraumatic stress disorder: association with current symptomatologyCarolina P Clancy
Durham Veterans Affairs, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1346-53. 2006..Further, we investigated whether trauma exposure before military service was mediated or moderated by military trauma in its effects on current PTSD and adjustment...
- The effect of nicotine and trauma context on acoustic startle in smokers with and without posttraumatic stress disorderPatrick S Calhoun
VA Mid Atlantic Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 215:379-89. 2011..While smokers with PTSD report that smoking provides significant relief of negative affect and PTSD symptoms, the effects of smoking or nicotine deprivation on startle reactivity among smokers with PTSD are unknown...
- The influence of depressive symptoms on suicidal ideation among U.S. Vietnam-era and Afghanistan/Iraq-era veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderNicole D Pukay-Martin
Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Trauma Stress 25:578-82. 2012..Future research should examine suicidal ideation and behaviors as they change over time in these two cohorts...
- Immediate antecedents of cigarette smoking in smokers with and without posttraumatic stress disorder: a preliminary studyJean C Beckham
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 13:219-28. 2005..These results are consistent with previous ambulatory findings regarding mood in smokers but also underscore that, in certain populations, mood and symptom variables may be significantly associated with ad lib smoking...
- Gender differences in immediate antecedents of ad lib cigarette smoking in smokers with and without posttraumatic stress disorder: a preliminary reportMichelle F Dennis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 39:479-85. 2007..These results are consistent with previous studies documenting gender differences in smoking behavior, and underscore the importance of examining gender differences in psychiatric samples...