- The incidence and clinical characteristics of herpes zoster among children and adolescents after implementation of varicella vaccinationRachel Civen
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90011, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:954-9. 2009..We examine incidence trends, risk and epidemiologic and clinical features of herpes zoster disease among children and adolescents by vaccination status...
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practices regarding varicella vaccination among health care providers participating in the varicella active surveillance project, Antelope Valley, California, 2005Tina Carbajal
Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Infect Dis 197:S66-70. 2008....
- Varicella outbreak epidemiology in an active surveillance site, 1995-2005Rachel Civen
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, California 90012, USA
J Infect Dis 197:S114-9. 2008....
- Babesiosis acquired through blood transfusion, California, USAVan Ngo
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, CA 90012, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 15:785-7. 2009..Babesiosis should be considered year-round in the diagnosis of febrile and afebrile patients with abnormal blood cell counts who have received blood products from disease-endemic areas...
- Donor-derived West Nile virus infection in solid organ transplant recipients: report of four additional cases and review of clinical, diagnostic, and therapeutic featuresDrew J Winston
1 UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 2 Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ 3 U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO 4 Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 5 Mendez National Institute of Transplantation, Los Angeles, CA 6 One Legacy, Los Angeles, CA 7 Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 8 Arizona Department of Health Services, Phoenix, AZ 9 California Department of Public Health, Richmond, CA 10 U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 11 West Nile Virus Transplant Associated Transmission Investigation Team Dianna M Blau, Julu Bhatnagar, Dominique Rollin, Matthew Kuehnert, Sherif R Zaki U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA J Erin Staples, Marc Fischer U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO 12 Address correspondence to Drew J Winston, M D, Room 42 121 CHS, Department of Medicine, UCLA Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA, 90095
Transplantation 97:881-9. 2014..Potential organ donors should be assessed for unexplained fever and neurological symptoms, particularly if they reside in areas of increased WNV activity...
- West Nile virus infection in the pediatric populationRachel Civen
County of Los Angeles Department of Health Services, Public Health, Acute Communicable Diseases Control Program, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:75-8. 2006..Clinicians should be aware of the risk of WNV illness, confirm this diagnosis and report suspected WNV cases to their local health department...
- Murine typhus: an unrecognized suburban vectorborne diseaseRachel Civen
Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Los Angeles County Public Health Department, Los Angeles, California 90012, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:913-8. 2008..Serologic testing with the indirect immunofluorescence assay is the preferred diagnostic method. Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice and has been shown to shorten the course of illness...