Ming Chin Yeh
Affiliation: City University of New York
- Validity of a competing food choice construct regarding fruit and vegetable consumption among urban college freshmenMing Chin Yeh
Nutrition and Food Science Track, Urban Public Health Program, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 42:321-7. 2010....
- Understanding barriers and facilitators of fruit and vegetable consumption among a diverse multi-ethnic population in the USAMing Chin Yeh
Nutrition and Food Science, Urban Public Health Program, Hunter College, School of Health Sciences, 425 East 25th Street, New York, NY, USA
Health Promot Int 23:42-51. 2008..There is a need to improve the availability and access to fresh F&V commonly available in the home countries of Hispanic immigrants...
- Body weight and length of residence in the US among Chinese AmericansMing Chin Yeh
Urban Public Health Program, School of Health Sciences, Hunter College, City University of New York, 425 East 25th Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 11:422-7. 2009..However, little is known about factors associated with weight status among Chinese Americans, one of the fastest growing immigrant populations in the US...
- Determinants of Latina obesity in the United States: the role of selective acculturationMing Chin Yeh
Hunter College, City University of New York
J Transcult Nurs 20:105-15. 2009....
- The food insecurity-obesity paradox: a review of the literature and the role food stamps may playLauren M Dinour
Graduate Center, City University of New York, New York, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1952-61. 2007..This link has implications for Food Stamp Program policy changes, welfare reform, and poverty prevention...
- Effects of energy-content labels and motivational posters on sales of sugar-sweetened beverages: stimulating sales of diet drinks among adults studyDara Bergen
Hunter College, School of Health Professionals, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:1866-9. 2006..52% of the increased revenue. Results of this study suggest that energy-content labels and motivational posters on beverage vending machines may be an effective way to influence beverage sales...
- "Do Real Women Have Curves?" Paradoxical body images among Latinas in New York CityAnahi Viladrich
Immigration and Health Initiative, Urban Public Health Program, Hunter College of the City University of New York, Brookdale Campus, 425 E 25th Street, W 1021, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 11:20-8. 2009....
- Psychosocial predictors of fruit and vegetable consumption in adults a review of the literatureAbdul R Shaikh
Health Communication and Informatics Research Branch, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7335, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:535-543. 2008..Understanding the psychological determinants of fruit and vegetable intake is needed to design effective intervention programs...
- Public health strategies for preventing and controlling overweight and obesity in school and worksite settings: a report on recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesDavid L Katz
Yale Prevention Research Center, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 54:1-12. 2005....
- Technical skills for weight loss: preliminary data from a randomized trialDavid L Katz
Yale Prevention Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Prev Med 34:608-15. 2002..We therefore conducted a study among overweight/obese women comparing conventional dietary counseling of individuals (counseling-based intervention) to a novel, group-based skill-building intervention...