Affiliation: City University of New York
- Time-resolved Fourier optical diffuse tomographyM Xu
Department of Physics, The City College, Graduate Center of City University of New York, NY 10031, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 18:1535-42. 2001..Examples of successful reconstructions of simulated hidden absorptive or scattering objects embedded inside a human-tissue-like semi-infinite turbid medium are provided...
- Light extinction and absorption by arbitrarily oriented finite circular cylinders by use of geometrical path statistics of raysMin Xu
Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy, NY State Center of Advanced Technology for Ultrafast Photonic Materials and Applications, New York, 10031, USA
Appl Opt 42:6710-23. 2003..The influence of the difference in shape between cylinders and spheroids on the optical efficiencies in ADT is illustrated by their respective geometrical path distributions of rays...
- Multiple passages of light through an absorption inhomogeneity in optical imaging of turbid mediaM Xu
Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, NY State Center of Advanced Technology for Ultrafast Photonic Materials and Applications, and Dept of Physics, City College and Graduate Center, City University of NY, 10031, USA
Opt Lett 29:1757-9. 2004..The correction is approximately 50%-75% in the near infrared for an absorption inhomogeneity with the typical optical properties found in tissues and five times the size of the transport mean free path...
- Fractal mechanisms of light scattering in biological tissue and cellsM Xu
Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, The City College and Graduate Center of City University of New York, NY 10031, USA
Opt Lett 30:3051-3. 2005..The power law of the reduced scattering coefficient, the anisotropy factor of scattering, and the phase function are derived with good agreement with experimental results. Implications for spectroscopic tissue diagnosis are discussed...
- Optical imaging of turbid media using independent component analysis: theory and simulationM Xu
The City College and Graduate Center of the City University of New York, Department of Physics, Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, New York, New York 10031, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:051705. 2005..The influence of noise and uncertainty in background absorption or scattering on the performance of this approach is investigated...
- Three-dimensional localization and optical imaging of objects in turbid media with independent component analysisM Xu
Department of Physics, the Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, New York State Center of Advanced Technology for Ultrafast Photonic Materials and Applications, City College of New York, 10031, USA
Appl Opt 44:1889-97. 2005..The approach is applicable to different medium geometries, can be used with any suitable photon propagation model, and is amenable to near-real-time imaging applications...
- Superposition rule for light scattering by a composite particleMin Xu
Department of Physics, Fairfield University, Connecticut 06430, USA
Opt Lett 31:3223-5. 2006..Favorable comparison with an exact numerical method demonstrates the usefulness of the rule in analyzing light scattering by composite particles such as biological cells...
- Unified Mie and fractal scattering by cells and experimental study on application in optical characterization of cellular and subcellular structuresMin Xu
Fairfield University, Department of Physics, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, Connecticut 06824, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:024015. 2008..The unified Mie and fractal model may serve as the foundation for optical detection of precancerous and cancerous changes in biological cells and tissues based on light scattering techniques...
- In situ determination of refractive index and size of Bacillus spores by light transmissionA Katz
Department of Physics, The City College of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
Opt Lett 30:589-91. 2005..During activation the refractive index of the core decreases from 1.51 to 1.39, and the size increases from 0.38 to 0.6 microm...
- Characterization and three-dimensional localization of cancerous prostate tissue using backscattering scanning polarization imaging and independent component analysisYang Pu
The City College of the City University of New York, Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, Department of Physics, Convent Avenue at 138th Street, New York, NY 10031, USA
J Biomed Opt 17:081419. 2012..The retrieved results were found in good agreement with the known 3-D positions of the cancerous tissue...
- Determination of optical coefficients and fractal dimensional parameters of cancerous and normal prostate tissuesYang Pu
Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, Department of Physics, The City College of the City University of New York, NY 10031, USA
Appl Spectrosc 66:828-34. 2012....
- Electric field Monte Carlo simulation of coherent backscattering of polarized light by a turbid medium containing Mie scatterersJohn Sawicki
Fairfield University, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824, USA
Opt Express 16:5728-38. 2008..Coherent backscattering of linearly and circularly polarized light by a turbid medium containing Mie scatterers is then investigated using this method...
- Spectrally resolved bioluminescence tomography with adaptive finite element analysis: methodology and simulationYujie Lv
Medical Image Processing Group, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PO Box 2728, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
Phys Med Biol 52:4497-512. 2007..In terms of optical property errors and two sources of discernment in deeper positions, this BLT algorithm represents the unique predominance for BLT reconstruction...
- Unified Mie and fractal scattering by biological cells and subcellular structuresTao T Wu
Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
Opt Lett 32:2324-6. 2007..The findings are consistent with the results of experimental investigation of the contributions of different cellular components to light scattering by cells...
- A stable iterative method for refining discriminative gene clustersMin Xu
Program in Molecular and Computational Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Genomics 9:S18. 2008..Unfortunately, such identified classifiers usually tend to have poor generalization properties on the test samples due to overfitting problem...
- Hit selection with false discovery rate control in genome-scale RNAi screensXiaohua Douglas Zhang
Biometrics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:4667-79. 2008..Our approach provides false discovery rate (FDR) control to address multiple testing issues and it is robust to outliers...
- Optimization of wastewater treatment alternative selection by hierarchy grey relational analysisGuangming Zeng
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
J Environ Manage 82:250-9. 2007..The result illustrated that the anaerobic single oxidation ditch was the optimal scheme and would obtain the maximum general benefits for the wastewater treatment plant to be constructed...
- [Thermal dosimetric study on hyperthermia combined with radiotherapy for deep seated pelvic malignancies]Ren ben Wang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Shandong Tumor Hospital and Institute, Jinan 250117, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 27:99-101. 2005..To ascertain a clinically meaningful thermal dose unit-temperature equivalent minute (TEM) 42.5 degrees C and the relationship between TEM 42.5 degrees C and tumor response rate...
- [Current status and prospect of metabonomics]Min Xu
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:769-74. 2005
- Integrative Array Analyzer: a software package for analysis of cross-platform and cross-species microarray dataFei Pan
Program in Molecular and Computational Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Bioinformatics 22:1665-7. 2006..It is composed of the data preprocess module, the co-expression analysis module, the differential expression analysis module, the functional and transcriptional annotation module and the graph visualization module...