Affiliation: City University of New York
- E-cadherin gene alterations in gastric cancers in different ethnic populationsMARK L STEINBERG
Department of Chemistry, The City College of New York, Convent Ave and 138th St, New York, NY 10031, USA
Ethn Dis 18:S2-70-4. 2008....
- Patterns of persistent DNA damage associated with sun exposure and the glutathione S-transferase M1 genotype in melanoma patientsMARK L STEINBERG
Department of Chemistry, The City College of the City University of New York, New York, NY, USA
Photochem Photobiol 85:379-86. 2009..These findings support the idea that exposure to solar radiation early in life may induce long-term cellular changes that lead to persistent DNA damage and altered patterns of gene expression...
- Induction of cyclin D1 by submicromolar concentrations of arsenite in human epidermal keratinocytesBor Jang Hwang
Department of Chemistry, The City College of the City University of New York, Convent Avenue and 138th Street, New York, NY 10031, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 217:161-7. 2006..This supports a mechanism of oncogenesis based on persistent upregulation of D type cyclins leading to a concomitant loss of G1/S checkpoint control...
- Mitochondrial DNA deletions in skin from melanoma patientsKaren Hubbard
Department of Biology, The City College of New York, Convent Ave and 160th St, New York, NY 10031, USA
Ethn Dis 18:S2-38-43. 2008..This may reflect a proliferative response to DNA damage induced by solar radiation in the high-risk group...
- Spectrum of mitochondrial DNA deletions within the common deletion region induced by low levels of UVB irradiation of human keratinocytes in vitroBor Jang Hwang
Department of Chemistry, City College of the City University of New York, Convent Avenue and 138th Street, New York, NY 10031, USA
Gene 440:23-7. 2009..We characterized eight novel deletions of which six were generated from cut sites within, or adjacent to, short direct repeats. Two deletions involved cut sites in inverted tetrameric repeats; one of these also involved an insertion...