Ivan T Todorov
Affiliation: City of Hope National Medical Center
- Multipotent progenitor cells isolated from adult human pancreatic tissueI Todorov
Southern California Islet Cell Resource Center, Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Transplant Proc 37:3420-1. 2005..These adult progenitor cells can be successfully differentiated into insulin-producing cells, and thus they have the potential for treatment of type-1 diabetes mellitus...
- Generation of human islets through expansion and differentiation of non-islet pancreatic cells discarded (pancreatic discard) after islet isolationIvan Todorov
Southern California Islet Cell Resources Center, Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, City of Hope National Medical Center Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Pancreas 32:130-8. 2006..Islet transplantation is hampered by the shortage of donor tissues. Our objective was to generate islet-like cell clusters (ICCs) from cultures of non-islet pancreatic cells...
- Quantitative assessment of β-cell apoptosis and cell composition of isolated, undisrupted human islets by laser scanning cytometryIvan Todorov
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
Transplantation 90:836-42. 2010..We have developed fluorescence-based assays using laser scanning cytometry for assessing β-cell apoptosis and islet cell composition on serial sections of intact isolated islets...
- MCM2--a promising marker for premalignant lesions of the lung: a cohort studyD F Tan
Lung Cancer Program, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
BMC Cancer 1:6. 2001..Here we compared the sensitivities of a classic proliferation marker, Ki-67, with a new proliferation marker, MCM2, in 41 bronchial biopsy specimens representing normal mucosa, metaplasia, dysplasia, and carcinoma in situ...
- Identification of the V genes encoding xenoantibodies in non-immunosuppressed rhesus monkeysAnnette Kleihauer
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research, The Saban Research Institute, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, The Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, CA, USA
Immunology 116:89-102. 2005..These animals represent a clinically relevant model to identify the immunological basis of pig-to-human xenograft rejection...