Nancy L Sohler
Affiliation: City University of New York
- The complexities of measuring access to parks and physical activity sites in New York City: a quantitative and qualitative approachAndrew R Maroko
Department of Environmental, Geographic, and Geological Sciences, Lehman College of the City University of New York, Bronx, USA
Int J Health Geogr 8:34. 2009..Independent variables included percent non-Hispanic black, percent Hispanic, percent below poverty, percent of adults without high school diploma, percent with limited English-speaking ability, and population density...
- Gender disparities in HIV health care utilization among the severely disadvantaged: can we determine the reasons?Nancy L Sohler
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education of the City College of New York, Department of Community Health and Social Medicine, New York, NY, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:775-83. 2009..Development of intervention strategies that specifically target severely disadvantaged women's HIV health care utilization is in great need...
- Does self-report data on HIV primary care utilization agree with medical record data for socially marginalized populations in the United States?Nancy L Sohler
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, City College of New York, New York, NY 10031, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:837-43. 2009..g., CD4 counts), or incorporation of rigorous measures to increase reliability of self-report data may be needed. Limitations of this study include the lack of a true gold standard with which to compare self-report data...
- Home- versus office-based buprenorphine inductions for opioid-dependent patientsNancy L Sohler
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, Community Health and Social Medicine, City College of the City University of New York, NY 10031, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 38:153-9. 2010..We conclude that opioid dependence can be successfully managed in the primary care setting. Approaches that encourage patient involvement in treatment for opioid dependence can be beneficial...
- Factors associated with complicated buprenorphine inductionsSusan D Whitley
New York University School of Medicine and Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 39:51-7. 2010..Findings from this study and further investigation of patient characteristics and treatment characteristics associated with complicated inductions can help guide buprenorphine treatment strategies...
- Type and pattern of illicit drug use and access to health care services for HIV-infected peopleNancy L Sohler
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, City College of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:S68-76. 2007..We conclude that health care utilization is poorer for people who use illicit drugs than those who do not, and stopping drug use may facilitate improvements in health care utilization and HIV outcomes for this population...
- Assessment of a medical outreach program to improve access to HIV care among marginalized individualsChinazo O Cunningham
Division of General Internal Medicine and Department of Family and Social Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY 10467, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1758-61. 2007..38; 95% CI = 1.05, 1.80; same-day appointments: AOR = 1.70; 95% CI = 1.03, 2.81). These findings demonstrate the importance of program-related characteristics in health services delivery to marginalized populations...
- Pain is not associated with worse office-based buprenorphine treatment outcomesAaron D Fox
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Subst Abus 33:361-5. 2012..In multivariable analyses, the authors found no association between pain and buprenorphine treatment outcomes. Opioid-dependent individuals with and without pain can achieve similar success with buprenorphine treatment...
- Income inequality and infant mortality in New York CityNancy L Sohler
Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Bronx, New York, USA
J Urban Health 80:650-7. 2003..This finding has important implications for public health practice and social epidemiological research in large urban areas, which face significant disparities both in health and in social and economic conditions...
- Gaps in use of antipsychotics after discharge by first-admission patients with schizophrenia, 1989 to 1996Ramin Mojtabai
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:337-9. 2002....