- Profiling of cell cycle genes of breast cells exposed to etodolac
Department of Natural Sciences, The City University of New York, Hostos College Campus, Bronx, NY 10451, USA
Oncol Rep 23:1383-91. 2010
..This finding indicated that etodolac could play a critical role on cancer cells by inducing cell death...
- Gene expression profiling of breast cells induced by X-rays and heavy ions
Department of Natural Sciences, Hostos College of the City University of New York, Bronx, NY 10541, USA
Int J Mol Med 21:627-36. 2008
..A number of candidate genes reported here may be useful molecular biomarkers of radiation exposure in breast cells...
- Profiling of differentially expressed genes induced by high linear energy transfer radiation in breast epithelial cells
Center for Radiological Research, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Carcinog 31:192-203. 2001
..A number of candidates reported here should be useful as biomarkers involved in breast carcinogenesis...
- Cancer genes induced by malathion and parathion in the presence of estrogen in breast cells
G M Calaf
Instituto de Alta Investigación, Universidad de Tarapaca, Antofagasta 1520, Arica, Chile
Int J Mol Med 21:261-8. 2008
..Thus, we suggest that pesticides and estrogens affect human breast cells inducing molecular changes indicative of transformation...
- Differential gene expression of sulindac-treated human breast epithelial cells
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Int J Oncol 27:1727-36. 2005
..The alteration of p53 signaling pathway gene markers by sulindac treatment can give us valuable information about the response to drug treatments in a proliferative cell population...
- Human drug metabolism genes in parathion-and estrogen-treated breast cells
G M Calaf
Instituto de Alta Investigación, Universidad de Tarapaca, Calle Antofagasta 1520, Arica, Chile
Int J Mol Med 20:875-81. 2007
..It can be concluded from this study that organophosphorous pesticides such as parathion in the presence of estradiol induced changes in human drug metabolism gene expression in breast cells...
- Cell adhesion proteins altered by 17beta estradiol and parathion in breast epithelial cells
G M Calaf
Instituto de Alta Investigación, Universidad de Tarapaca, Arica, Chile
Oncol Rep 19:165-9. 2008
..In conclusion, it can be suggested that pesticides affect human breast cell adhesion changes indicative of transformation...
- Growth factor biomarkers associated with estrogen- and radiation-induced breast cancer progression
G M Calaf
Biology and Health Department, Faculty of Science, Tarapaca University, Arica, Chile
Int J Oncol 28:87-93. 2006
- Experiments using microarray technology: limitations and standard operating procedures
Scottish Centre for Genomic Technology and Informatics GTI, The University of Edinburgh, Medical School, Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
J Endocrinol 178:195-204. 2003
..We hope that this overview will provide practical initial guidance for those embarking on microarray studies...
- Dimethyl sulfoxide blocks herpes simplex virus-1 productive infection in vitro acting at different stages with positive cooperativity. Application of micro-array analysis
J S Aguilar
Dept of Mol Biol and Biochem, U Calif Irvine, 19172 Jamboree Road, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
BMC Infect Dis 2:9. 2002
..Here, we have analyzed the effect of DMSO on several parameters of Herpes Simplex Virus replication...
- Molecular alterations in tumorigenic human bronchial and breast epithelial cells induced by high LET radiation
T K Hei
Center for Radiological Research, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Adv Space Res 27:411-9. 2001
..The results are highly suggestive that functional alterations of these genes may be causally related to the carcinogenic process...
- P190-B, a Rho-GTPase-activating protein, is differentially expressed in terminal end buds and breast cancer
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell Growth Differ 11:343-54. 2000
..These results suggest that p190-B may be required for virgin mammary gland development, and its aberrant expression may occur in breast cancer...