Affiliation: City University of New York
- Exposure to gestational diabetes mellitus and low socioeconomic status: effects on neurocognitive development and risk of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in offspringYoko Nomura
Department of Psychology, Queens College, City University of New York, 65 30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY 11376, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 166:337-43. 2012..To examine the independent and synergistic effects of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) and low socioeconomic status (SES) on neurodevelopment and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) outcomes...
- Life-time risk for substance use among offspring of abusive family environment from the communityYoko Nomura
Department of Psychology, Queens College, CUNY, Flushing, New York 11367, USA
Subst Use Misuse 47:1281-92. 2012..Provision of social services and parenting education during the perinatal period may prevent the long-term impact of child abuse on substance use and related impairments. The study's limitations are noted...
- Prenatal exposure to maternal and paternal smoking on attention deficit hyperactivity disorders symptoms and diagnosis in offspringYoko Nomura
Department of Psychology, Queens College, The City University of New York, Flushing, NY 10029, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:672-8. 2010..Although father's smoking was not associated with an increased risk, as it strongly influenced mothers' smoking, intervention for both parents may be most effective in preventing the pathway to ADHD-related problems in the children...
- Maternal smoking during pregnancy and risk of alcohol use disorders among adult offspringYoko Nomura
Department of Psychology, Queens College, The City University of New York, 65 30 Kissena Boulevard, Flushing, NY 11367, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:199-209. 2011....
- Effect of maternal psychopathology on behavioral problems in preschool children exposed to terrorism: use of generalized estimating equations to integrate multiple informant reportsYoko Nomura
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave L Levy Pl, Box 1230, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:531-9. 2009..To examine whether the number of maternal psychopathologies is associated with increased clinically significant behavioral problems in preschool children exposed to disaster, using child behavior ratings from multiple informants...
- The risk for impaired learning-related abilities in childhood and educational attainment among adults born near-termYoko Nomura
Department of Psychiatry, Queens College, New York, NY, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 34:406-18. 2009....
- Low birth weight and risk of affective disorders and selected medical illness in offspring at high and low risk for depressionYoko Nomura
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Compr Psychiatry 48:470-8. 2007..05), suggesting that parental depression may augment the impact of LBW on offspring depression:..
- Relationship between type of trauma exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder among urban children and adolescentsRohini Luthra
Child and Family Resilience Program, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 249 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:1919-27. 2009..Witnessing a crime, being the victim of a crime, and exposure to accidents, fire, or disaster are not associated with PTSD. These findings underscore the association between interpersonal violence and childhood PTSD...
- The role of perinatal problems in risk of co-morbid psychiatric and medical disorders in adulthoodYoko Nomura
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Psychol Med 37:1323-34. 2007..It is also not known whether perinatal problems (singly or together) are associated with co-morbidity between psychological and physical health problems...
- Global methylation in the placenta and umbilical cord blood from pregnancies with maternal gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and obesityYoko Nomura
1Department of Psychology, Queens College, CUNY, Flushing, NY, USA
Reprod Sci 21:131-7. 2014..While preliminary, it is possible that the placenta tissue, but not umbilical cord blood, may be epigenetically programmed by maternal GDM, preeclampsia, and obesity to carry out its own specific functions that influence fetal growth. ..
- Impact of conjoined exposure to the World Trade Center attacks and to other traumatic events on the behavioral problems of preschool childrenClaude M Chemtob
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Campus Box 1230, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:126-33. 2008..To examine the long-term behavioral consequences of exposure to the World Trade Center (WTC) attacks in preschool children and to evaluate whether conjoined exposure to disaster and to other traumatic events has additive effects...
- Additive interaction of child abuse and perinatal risk as signs of resiliency in adulthoodYoko Nomura
Child and Family Resilience Program, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1230, New York City, NY 10029, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1094:330-4. 2006..An examination of the biological base of resilience could be added in a multidimensional/multifactorial model to help researchers identify ways to promote resiliency even before birth...