Affiliation: City of Hope National Medical Center
- Reduced intensity allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for MDS using tacrolimus/sirolimus-based GVHD prophylaxisRyotaro Nakamura
Department of Hematology Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Leuk Res 36:1152-6. 2012..This RI-HSCT protocol produces encouraging outcomes in MDS patients, and tacrolimus/sirolimus-based GVHD prophylaxis may contribute to that promising result...
- A pilot study of nonmyeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant for advanced systemic mastocytosisR Nakamura
Stem Cell Allogeneic Transplant Unit, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:353-8. 2006..The GvMC effect can be observed after nonmyeloablative HCT with limited efficacy. Effective cytoreductive therapy prior to HCT may be required for long-term disease control and cure...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with fludarabine and melphalan is associated with durable disease control in myelodysplastic syndromeR Nakamura
Division of Hematology Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:843-50. 2007..5 versus 7%, P=0.02). RIC with fludarabine plus melphalan was associated with durable disease control and acceptable toxicity in this high-risk cohort...
- Transplant dose of CD34(+) and CD3(+) cells predicts outcome in patients with haematological malignancies undergoing T cell-depleted peripheral blood stem cell transplants with delayed donor lymphocyte add-backR Nakamura
Stem Cell Transplantation Unit, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Br J Haematol 115:95-104. 2001..83 x 10(5) CD3(+) cells/kg. These results further define the impact of CD34 and CD3 cell dose on transplant outcome and show that careful dosing of stem cells and lymphocytes may permit the control and optimization of transplant outcome...
- A phase II study of sirolimus, tacrolimus and rabbit anti-thymocyte globulin as GVHD prophylaxis after unrelated-donor PBSC transplantS K Khaled
Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 48:278-83. 2013..5% and non-relapse mortality (NRM) was 15.6%. NRM and aGVHD rates were lower than historical rates. However, the unexpectedly high incidence of graft failure requires caution in the design of future studies with this regimen...
- Cyclosporine is required to prevent severe acute GVHD following T-cell-depleted peripheral blood stem cell transplantationS R Solomon
Stem Cell Allotransplantation Section, Hematology Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bathesda, MD 20892, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:783-8. 2003..Similarly, no significant differences were found in chronic GVHD, transplant-related mortality, or survival. These results define a role for CSA in preventing GVHD at low T-cell doses following PBSCT...
- High-dose acyclovir and pre-emptive ganciclovir to prevent cytomegalovirus disease in myeloablative and non-myeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantationR Nakamura
Stem Cell Allogeneic Transplant Unit, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:235-42. 2002..This strategy was associated with effective control of CMV antigenemia in the majority of patients and near-complete eradication of fatal CMV IP...
- Tissue-restricted T cell alloresponses across HLA barriers: selection and identification of leukemia-restricted CTL in HLA-mismatched stimulator-responder pairsH Fujiwara
Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant Section, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:371-8. 2003..These leukemia-restricted T-cells were CD8+ or CD4+ and CD25+ or CD57+. The results support the development of strategies to selectively deplete GVHD and conserve GVL reactivity in mismatched transplants...
- Increased frequency of HLA-DR2 in patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and the PNH/aplastic anemia syndromeJ P Maciejewski
Hematology Branch and Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 98:3513-9. 2001..The results suggest that clonal expansion of GPI-AP-deficient cells is linked to HLA and likely related to an immune mechanism...
- Maintenance thalidomide following single cycle autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplant in patients with multiple myelomaF Sahebi
Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 910010, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:825-9. 2006..The estimated 2-year OS was 83% and PFS was 49%. Median tolerated dose of thalidomide was 200 mg a day. In conclusion, thalidomide as maintenance therapy is feasible and may improve outcome after single autologous stem cell transplant...
- Acute leukemia and myelodysplasia after adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: durable remissions after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationV Pullarkat
Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Ann Oncol 20:2000-6. 2009..We examined the clinical and pathological features as well as the treatment results of a series of patients with acute leukemia/myelodysplasia arising after adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer...
- Oligoclonal T cell expansion in myelodysplastic syndrome: evidence for an autoimmune processD E Epperson
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institute of Health, 2000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Rm. 7C 103, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Leuk Res 25:1075-83. 2001..These findings provide further evidence that T cell mediated immune processes are a feature of MDS...
- Nontyphoidal Salmonella infection among recipients of hematopoietic SCTS S Dadwal
Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 9100, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:880-3. 2011..Food safety practices to prevent NTS infection are important in HSCT recipients, particularly for those who have chronic GVHD after allogeneic HSCT...
- Flow cytometric quantitation and characterization of the T-lymphocyte memory response to CMV in healthy donorsN Hensel
Stem Cell Transplantation Section, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cytotherapy 4:29-40. 2002..Levels of circulating CMV Ag-specific lymphocytes determine CMV reactivation risk in immunocompromised individuals...
- Predictors of in-hospital outcome after primary percutaneous coronary intervention for recurrent myocardial infarctionJun Shiraishi
Department of Cardiology, Kyoto First Red Cross Hospital, and Department of Cardiology and Vascular Regenerative Medicine, Kyhoto Prefectural University School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Circ J 72:1225-9. 2008....
- [Histoculture drug response assay guided concurrent chemoradiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer]Takeshi Tamaki
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Kyobu Geka 61:31-5. 2008..Median survival time was 604 days. One- and 5-year survival rates were 73.9% and 40.3%, respectively. In conclusion, HDRA may improve efficacy of CCRT for NSCLC...
- Progressive patterns of degenerative arthritis in scaphoid nonunion demonstrated by three-dimensional computed tomographyY Hidaka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
J Hand Surg Br 23:765-70. 1998..In the second stage, the radial styloid became pointed. In the third stage, the osteophyte on the distal fragment enlarged and lay over the dorsum of the radioscaphoid joint and other intercarpal joints...
- Nonoperative treatment of camptodactylyM Hori
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Branch Hospital of Nagoya University, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 12:1061-5. 1987..Although further studies are needed to determine the optimum termination of treatment, in our opinion it should be when the growth plate is closed, and longitudinal growth of the finger no longer occurs...