Affiliation: City of Hope National Medical Center
- Utilization of mastectomy and reconstruction in the outpatient settingLaura Kruper
Department of Surgical Oncology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:828-35. 2013..We sought to determine the utilization of outpatient mastectomy and use of breast reconstruction in Southern California...
- Disparities in reconstruction rates after mastectomy: patterns of care and factors associated with the use of breast reconstruction in Southern CaliforniaLaura Kruper
General and Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2158-65. 2011..Many factors influence whether breast cancer patients undergo reconstruction after mastectomy. We sought to determine the patterns of care and variables associated with the use of breast reconstruction in Southern California...
- Disparities in reconstruction rates after mastectomy for ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): patterns of care and factors associated with the use of breast reconstruction for DCIS compared with invasive cancerLaura Kruper
General and Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3210-9. 2011..This study was undertaken to determine the patterns of care and variables associated with the use of reconstruction for ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and to compare previous results for invasive carcinoma...
- Life expectancy after curative-intent treatment of breast cancer: impact on long-term follow-up careAmanda K Arrington
City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Am Surg 80:604-9. 2014..These findings should be factored into general health screening issues for long-term breast cancer survivors. ..
- Rural and urban disparities in the evolution of sentinel lymph node utilization in breast cancerAmanda K Arrington
City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Am J Surg 206:674-81. 2013....
- Papillary carcinoma of the breast: an overviewSumanta Kumar Pal
Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:637-45. 2010..The scarcity of information underscores the need for further treatment- and outcome-related studies in papillary carcinoma of the breast...
- Impact of modern chemotherapy on the survival of women presenting with de novo metastatic breast cancerSumanta K Pal
Division of Genitourinary Malignancies, Department of Medical Oncology and Experimental Therapeutics, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 12:435. 2012..In the setting of de novo MBC, large registry analyses cite positive temporal trends in survival, but the extent to which advances in systemic therapy have contributed to these gains is not clear...
- Regulation of adipose tissue T cell subsets by Stat3 is crucial for diet-induced obesity and insulin resistanceSaul J Priceman
Department of Cancer Immunotherapeutics and Tumor Immunology, Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13079-84. 2013..Our study identifies Stat3 in VAT-resident T cells as an important mediator and direct target for regulating adipose tissue inflammation, DIO, and its associated metabolic dysfunctions. ..
- Magnetic resonance imaging-guided breast biopsy in lesions not visualized by mammogram or ultrasoundChristopher R Oxner
City of Hope National Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Am Surg 78:1087-90. 2012..MRI-guided biopsy is a relatively new modality, which can provide a nonsurgical diagnostic specimen in the absence of mammographic or ultrasound findings...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy indications and controversies in breast cancerRebecca Wiatrek
City of Hope National Medical Center, Division of General and Oncologic Surgery, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
Maturitas 69:7-10. 2011..Additionally, the most controversial subject with regards to SLNB is determining which patients with positive SLNs benefit from further axillary dissection...