Oran D Kennedy
Affiliation: City University of New York
- Activation of resorption in fatigue-loaded bone involves both apoptosis and active pro-osteoclastogenic signaling by distinct osteocyte populationsOran D Kennedy
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The City College of New York, New York, NY 10031, USA
Bone 50:1115-22. 2012..Moreover, both the apoptotic and osteoclast-signaling osteocyte populations are localized in a spatially and temporally restricted pattern consistent with the targeted nature of this remodeling response...
- Skeletal response of male mice to anabolic hormone therapy in the absence of the Igfals geneOran D Kennedy
Department of Biomedical Engineering O D K, L C, J B P, M B S, City College of New York, New York 10031 David B Kriser Dental Center H S, Y W, G A W, S Y, Department of Basic Science and Craniofacial Biology, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, New York 10010 4086 and Division of Endocrinology H W C, S Y, Diabetes and Bone Disease, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6547
Endocrinology 155:987-99. 2014..Although GH alone appears to increase bone parameters slightly, it does not affect body weight or linear growth. ..
- Low levels of plasma IGF-1 inhibit intracortical bone remodeling during agingHayden William Courtland
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, 10029, USA
Age (Dordr) 35:1691-703. 2013..We show here that lifelong reductions in serum IGF-1 compromise skeletal size in development leading to slender bones; they are also associated with decreased intracortical bone remodeling and preservation of bone strength during aging. ..
- Osteocyte apoptosis is required for production of osteoclastogenic signals following bone fatigue in vivoOran D Kennedy
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The City College of New York of The City University of New York, New York, NY, USA Electronic address
Bone 64:132-7. 2014....
- Serum IGF-1 is insufficient to restore skeletal size in the total absence of the growth hormone receptorYingjie Wu
David B Kriser Dental Center, Department of Basic Science and Craniofacial Biology, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY, USA
J Bone Miner Res 28:1575-86. 2013..These findings are consistent with clinical data showing that IGF-I replacement therapy in patients with Laron syndrome does not achieve full skeletal growth...
- Osteocyte signaling in boneMitchell B Schaffler
New York Center for Biomedical Engineering, City College of New York, 160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY, 10031, USA
Curr Osteoporos Rep 10:118-25. 2012..Osteocytes appear to be the major local orchestrator of many of bone's functions...