Julie B Kaplow
Affiliation: City University of New York
- Age of onset of child maltreatment predicts long-term mental health outcomesJulie B Kaplow
Department of Psychiatry, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, NJ, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 116:176-87. 2007..Implications for the assessment of maltreated children, the prevention of adult psychopathology, and the classification of age of maltreatment onset are discussed...
- The long-term consequences of early childhood trauma: a case study and discussionJulie B Kaplow
John Jay College of Criminal Justice CUNY in New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychiatry 69:362-75. 2006..This case illustrates the dramatic impact that "preverbal" traumatic memories can have on children's later functioning and speaks to the importance of assisting very young children in the immediate aftermath of traumatic events...
- Pathways to PTSD, part II: Sexually abused childrenJulie B Kaplow
Department of Psychiatry, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, P O Box 1709, Newark, NJ 07101 1709, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1305-10. 2005..The goal of this research was to develop and test a prospective model of posttraumatic stress symptoms in sexually abused children that includes pretrauma, trauma, and disclosure-related pathways...
- Dissociation predicts later attention problems in sexually abused childrenJulie B Kaplow
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Child Abuse Negl 32:261-75. 2008..The goals of this research are to develop and test a prospective model of attention problems in sexually abused children that includes fixed variables (e.g., gender), trauma, and disclosure-related pathways...
- Do circumstances of the death matter? Identifying socioenvironmental risks for grief-related psychopathology in bereaved youthJulie B Kaplow
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Trauma Stress 27:42-9. 2014..36). Limited sample size prevented analysis of outcomes among those bereaved by suicide or accident. These findings suggest that anticipated deaths may contain etiologic risk factors for maladaptive grief and PTSS in children. ..
- Psychological and environmental correlates of HPA axis functioning in parentally bereaved children: preliminary findingsJulie B Kaplow
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Trauma Stress 26:233-40. 2013....
- DSM-V diagnostic criteria for bereavement-related disorders in children and adolescents: developmental considerationsJulie B Kaplow
University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Rachel Upjohn Building, 4250 Plymouth Road, Room 2117, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Psychiatry 75:243-66. 2012..Adoption of these proposals will have far-reaching consequences, given that DSM-V criteria will influence both critical treatment choices for bereaved youth and the next generation of research studies...
- Child, parent, and peer predictors of early-onset substance use: a multisite longitudinal studyJulie B Kaplow
Department of Psychology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 30:199-216. 2002..Implications for typology, etiology, and prevention are discussed...
- Traumatic Grief and Mental Health Outcomes in Parentally Bereaved ChildrenJulie Kaplow; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work will contribute to our understanding of the etiology, course, and long-term consequences of childhood traumatic grief and, ultimately, assist in its assessment, prevention, and treatment. ..