Michael A Hoyt
Affiliation: City University of New York
- Approach and avoidance coping: diurnal cortisol rhythm in prostate cancer survivorsMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY, United States Department of Psychology, Graduate Center, City University of New York, New York, NY, United States Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 49:182-6. 2014..High avoidance-oriented coping is associated with dysregulation of cortisol responses, which may be an important target for reducing stress during PC survivorship. ..
- Health-related quality of life in young men with testicular cancer: validation of the Cancer Assessment for Young Adults (CAYA)Michael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, 695 Park Avenue, Room 611 HN, New York, NY, 10065, USA
J Cancer Surviv 7:630-40. 2013..The purpose of this project was to establish a conceptual model and measurement instrument for assessment of HRQOL in young men with testicular cancer...
- Inflammatory biomarkers and emotional approach coping in men with prostate cancerMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY 10065, USA
Brain Behav Immun 32:173-9. 2013....
- Cancer-related masculine threat, emotional approach coping, and physical functioning following treatment for prostate cancerMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, CityUniversity of New York, NY 10065, USA
Health Psychol 32:66-74. 2013..Whether coping self-efficacy and emotional suppression explain effects of CMT on EAC also is tested...
- Disrupted sleep in breast and prostate cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy: the role of coping processesKaMala S Thomas
Department of Psychology, Pitzer College, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Psychooncology 19:767-76. 2010..Sleep problems are a common complaint in cancer patients that have been understudied...
- Post-traumatic disorder symptoms and blunted diurnal cortisol production in partners of prostate cancer patientsKaMala S Thomas
Department of Psychology, Pitzer College, Claremont University Consortium, Claremont 91711, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1181-90. 2012..Although these findings are preliminary, they highlight the importance of developing interventions aimed at reducing risk of psychopathology in partners of men with PC...
- Meta-analysis of efficacy of interventions for elevated depressive symptoms in adults diagnosed with cancerStacey L Hart
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:990-1004. 2012..Cancer patients are at increased risk for depression compared with individuals with no cancer diagnosis, yet few interventions target depressed cancer patients...
- Coping style and sleep quality in men with cancerMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, P O Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Ann Behav Med 37:88-93. 2009..It has been debated whether active, approach-oriented, coping behaviors or more passive, avoidance-oriented, coping behaviors are more important to the preservation of sleep quality...