Michael A Hoyt
Affiliation: City University of New York
- Health-related quality of life in young men with testicular cancer: validation of the Cancer Assessment for Young Adults (CAYA)Michael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, 695 Park Avenue, Room 611 HN, New York, NY, 10065, USA
J Cancer Surviv 7:630-40. 2013..The purpose of this project was to establish a conceptual model and measurement instrument for assessment of HRQOL in young men with testicular cancer...
- Inflammatory biomarkers and emotional approach coping in men with prostate cancerMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY 10065, USA
Brain Behav Immun 32:173-9. 2013....
- Cancer-related masculine threat, emotional approach coping, and physical functioning following treatment for prostate cancerMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, CityUniversity of New York, NY 10065, USA
Health Psychol 32:66-74. 2013..Whether coping self-efficacy and emotional suppression explain effects of CMT on EAC also is tested...
- Disrupted sleep in breast and prostate cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy: the role of coping processesKaMala S Thomas
Department of Psychology, Pitzer College, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Psychooncology 19:767-76. 2010..Sleep problems are a common complaint in cancer patients that have been understudied...
- Post-traumatic disorder symptoms and blunted diurnal cortisol production in partners of prostate cancer patientsKaMala S Thomas
Department of Psychology, Pitzer College, Claremont University Consortium, Claremont 91711, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1181-90. 2012..Although these findings are preliminary, they highlight the importance of developing interventions aimed at reducing risk of psychopathology in partners of men with PC...
- Meta-analysis of efficacy of interventions for elevated depressive symptoms in adults diagnosed with cancerStacey L Hart
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:990-1004. 2012..Cancer patients are at increased risk for depression compared with individuals with no cancer diagnosis, yet few interventions target depressed cancer patients...
- Coping style and sleep quality in men with cancerMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, P O Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Ann Behav Med 37:88-93. 2009..It has been debated whether active, approach-oriented, coping behaviors or more passive, avoidance-oriented, coping behaviors are more important to the preservation of sleep quality...