Affiliation: City University of New York
- Spontaneous brain activity relates to autonomic arousalJin Fan
Department of Psychology, Queens College, City University of New York, Flushing, New York 11367, USA
J Neurosci 32:11176-86. 2012..Our findings provide evidence of an important role for the autonomic nervous system to the spontaneous activity of the brain during "rest."..
- Anterior insular cortex is necessary for empathetic pain perceptionXiaosi Gu
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Brain 135:2726-35. 2012..Our findings have implications for a wide range of neuropsychiatric illnesses characterized by prominent deficits in higher-level social functioning...
- Involvement of the anterior cingulate and frontoinsular cortices in rapid processing of salient facial emotional informationJin Fan
Department of Psychology, Queens College, The City University of New York, Flushing, NY 11367, USA
Neuroimage 54:2539-46. 2011....
- Functional neural correlates of attentional deficits in amnestic mild cognitive impairmentNicholas T Van Dam
Department of Psychology, Queens College, City University of New York, Flushing, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e54035. 2013..Although based on a small number of patients, our findings suggest that deficits of attention, especially the executive control of attention, may significantly contribute to the behavioral and cognitive deficits of aMCI...
- Functional deficits of the attentional networks in autismJin Fan
Department of Psychology, Queens College, City University of New York New York Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine New York Fishberg Department of Neuroscience and Friedman Brain Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine New York Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment, Mount Sinai School of Medicine New York
Brain Behav 2:647-60. 2012..These findings of behavioral and neural abnormalities in alerting and executive control of attention in ASD may suggest core attentional deficits, which require further investigation...
- Cognitive control and attentional functionsMelissa Ann Mackie
The Graduate Center, City University of New York, New York, NY 10016, USA
Brain Cogn 82:301-12. 2013..These results provide preliminary support for our theory that the attentional functions are involved in the implementation of cognitive control as required to reduce uncertainty, though further investigation is needed. ..