Jason B Dictenberg
Affiliation: City University of New York
- Genetic encoding of fluorescent RNA ensures a bright future for visualizing nucleic acid dynamicsJason Dictenberg
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, NY 10065, USA
Trends Biotechnol 30:621-6. 2012....
- A direct role for FMRP in activity-dependent dendritic mRNA transport links filopodial-spine morphogenesis to fragile X syndromeJason B Dictenberg
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Dev Cell 14:926-39. 2008..These findings highlight a mechanism for stimulus-induced dendritic mRNA transport and link its impairment in a mouse model of FXS to altered developmental morphologic plasticity...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor activation regulates fragile x mental retardation protein and FMR1 mRNA localization differentially in dendrites and at synapsesLaura N Antar
Department of Neuroscience, Rose Kennedy Center for Mental Retardation, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 24:2648-55. 2004..These results demonstrate regulation of FMRP and Fmr1 mRNA trafficking in dendrites and synapses in response to specific glutamatergic signals...
- Genes, brain, and behavior: development gone awry in autism? A report on the 23rd Annual International Symposium of the Center for the Study of Gene Structure and FunctionMichael J Lewis
Departmement of Psychology, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, New York 10065, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1205:E21-36. 2010..Several genetic, neurobiological, and behavioral markers of autism have been identified that may ultimately provide the basis for early identification, and that presently define the key areas requiring intensive intervention...
- Imaging mRNA movement from transcription sites to translation sitesAlexis J Rodriguez
Gruss Lipper Biophotonics Center, Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, United States
Semin Cell Dev Biol 18:202-8. 2007..We review advances in these methods with the goal of identifying the particular strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches in their ability to follow the movements of mRNAs from transcription sites to translation sites...
- Dynamic association of the fragile X mental retardation protein as a messenger ribonucleoprotein between microtubules and polyribosomesHouping Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:105-14. 2008....