Affiliation: City of Hope National Medical Center
- Long-term morbidity of sentinel node biopsy versus complete axillary dissection for unilateral breast cancerRebecca Crane-Okada
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1996-2005. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare long-term morbidity after SLNB or ALND and breast-conservation surgery...
- Training senior peer counselors to provide telephone support for newly diagnosed breast cancer survivorsRebecca Crane-Okada
Division of Nursing Research and Education, Department of Population Sciences, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Cancer Educ 25:174-9. 2010..Specialized supplemental training, along with ongoing supervision, effectively prepared volunteers to provide support via telephone to BCS, augmenting professional support...
- Mindful movement program for older breast cancer survivors: a pilot studyRebecca Crane-Okada
Division of Nursing Research and Education, Department of Population Sciences, City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Cancer Nurs 35:E1-13. 2012..Two promising approaches to address this include dance/movement therapy and mindfulness...
- Senior peer counseling by telephone for psychosocial support after breast cancer surgery: effects at six monthsRebecca Crane-Okada
John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 39:78-89. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy of senior peer counseling by telephone for supplemental psychosocial support of older women after breast cancer surgery...
- Participant perceptions of a mindful movement program for older women with breast cancer: focus group resultsRebecca Crane-Okada
Division of Nursing Research and Education, Department of Population Sciences, City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Cancer Nurs 35:E1-10. 2012..Creative and accessible strategies are needed that offer support to this population of cancer survivors...
- A compass for the cancer journey: scientific, spiritual, and practical directivesRebecca Crane-Okada
John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John's Health Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 34:945-55. 2007