Affiliation: City University of New York
- Urban asthma and the neighbourhood environment in New York CityJason Corburn
Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, Hunter College of the City University of New York, 425 E 25th St rm 724 West, New York, NY 10010, USA
Health Place 12:167-79. 2006....
- Confronting the challenges in reconnecting urban planning and public healthJason Corburn
Urban Public Health Program, Hunter College, City University of New York, NY 10010, USA
Am J Public Health 94:541-6. 2004....
- Creating tools for healthy development: case study of San Francisco's Eastern Neighborhoods Community Health Impact AssessmentLili Farhang
Program on Health, Equity and Sustainability, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California 94102, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:255-65. 2008..Given the growing understanding of built environmental influences on health, ENCHIA illustrates the ability of a local public health agency to effectively engage in land use policy as a health promotion strategy...
- The power and the promise: working with communities to analyze data, interpret findings, and get to outcomesSuzanne B Cashman
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, A3 150 Benedict Bldg, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1407-17. 2008..We suggest that including community partners in data analysis and interpretation, while lengthening project time, enriches insights and findings and consequently should be a focus of the next generation of CBPR initiatives...
- Combining community-based research and local knowledge to confront asthma and subsistence-fishing hazards in Greenpoint/Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New YorkJason Corburn
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Urban Studies and Planning, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:241-8. 2002..I conclude with some observations about the benefits and limits of CBPR for helping scientists and communities pursue environmental justice...
- Environmental justice, local knowledge, and risk: the discourse of a community-based cumulative exposure assessmentJason Corburn
Department of Urban Studies and Planning, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Environ Manage 29:451-66. 2002....