Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJeffrey A Towbin
The Heart Center, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 32:S23-31. 2009..Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is one of the most common inherited cardiac disorders, with a prevalence in young adults of one in 500 and is defined by its wall thickening...
- Left ventricular noncompaction: a new form of heart failureJeffrey A Towbin
The Heart Institute, Pediatric Cardiology, Heart Failure, Cardiomyopathy and Heart Transplant Service, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Heart Fail Clin 6:453-69, viii. 2010..The disorder seems to occur because of an arrest of the normal process of development, and the genes identified to date seem to encode for cytoskeletal or sarcomeric proteins. These features are outlined...
- Viral epidemiologic shift in inflammatory heart disease: the increasing involvement of parvovirus B19 in the myocardium of pediatric cardiac transplant patientsJohn P Breinholt
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 29:739-46. 2010..The objectives of this study were to determine if changes in the viruses identified in the myocardium represent an epidemiologic shift in viral myocardial disease and whether PVB19 adversely affects transplant graft survival...
- Pediatric Cardiomyopathy Specimen RepositoryJeffrey Towbin; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- IDENTIFICATION OF THE GENES CAUSING BRUGADA SYNDROMEJeffrey Towbin; Fiscal Year: 2002..If pathogenic mutations are found, he proposes to collaborate in expressing them in frog oocytes to study the effect of the mutations on ion fluxes and action potentials. ..
- CAUSE OF CARDIOVASCULAR COMPLICATIONS IN HIV INFECTIONJeffrey Towbin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Pediatric Cardiomyopathy Specimen RepositoryJeffrey A Towbin; Fiscal Year: 2010....