Lisa A Simpson
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Paying for obesity: a changing landscapeLisa A Simpson
Child Policy Research Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 7014, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatrics 123:S301-7. 2009..Coverage for obesity related services is highly variable. Despite this, health plans, purchasers, and states have mounted numerous recent initiatives...
- Getting the evidence needed: a recent report from the Institute of MedicineLisa A Simpson
Child Policy Research Center, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45299-3039, USA
Ambul Pediatr 8:147-9. 2008
- Special challenges in comparative effectiveness research on children's and adolescents' healthLisa A Simpson
Child Policy Research Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Ohio, USA Professor
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:1849-56. 2010..Our overarching point is that the base of evidence in pediatrics must not fall even further behind that for the adult population in an era of rapid advancement and funding of comparative effectiveness research...
- How health policy influences quality of care in pediatricsLisa A Simpson
Child Policy Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7014, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 56:1009-21. 2009..In addition to providing funding for health coverage for over four million more children, it also includes the most significant federal investment in pediatric quality to date...
- Measuring and reporting quality of health care for children: CHIPRA and beyondGerry Fairbrother
Child Policy Research Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 7014, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Acad Pediatr 11:S77-84. 2011..It will be important to ensure that focus on health care quality for children be maintained and that the advances made under CHIPRA reinforce and are not diluted or overtaken by broader reform efforts...
- Reporting on continuity of coverage for children in Medicaid and CHIP: what states can learn from monitoring continuity and duration of coverageGerry Fairbrother
Child Policy Research Center, The James M Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Acad Pediatr 11:318-25. 2011..States generally have not done this in the past. This study proposes strategies for both measuring stability and targeting policies to improve retention of Medicaid coverage, using Ohio as an example...
- It is time! Accelerating the use of child health information systems to improve child healthGerry Fairbrother
Child Policy Research Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 7014, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pediatrics 123:S61-3. 2009..However, they also point out the challenges that need to be overcome to realize fully the potential of health information technology to improve the quality and efficiency of health care...
- Consistently inconsistent: a snapshot of across- and within-state disparities in the prevalence of childhood overweight and obesityChristina Bethell
Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative, Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, 707 SW Gaines Ave, Mail Code CDRC P, Portland, OR 97219, USA
Pediatrics 123:S277-86. 2009..The epidemic of childhood overweight and obesity is characterized by known disparities. Less is known about how these disparities vary across and within the state in which a child lives...
- Annual report on health care for children and youth in the United States: focus on injury-related emergency department utilization and expendituresPamela L Owens
Agency for Healthcare, Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Ambul Pediatr 8:219-240.e17. 2008..To examine state differences in children's utilization of injury-related emergency department (ED) care across 14 states, benchmarking aggregate state estimates against national expenditure estimates for outpatient injury-related ED care...
- Measuring the quality of children's health care: a prerequisite to actionDenise Dougherty
Child Health Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Pediatrics 113:185-98. 2004....