Cynthia A Prows
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- An update of childhood genetic disordersCynthia A Prows
Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 45:34-42. 2013..The second is to illustrate important genetic concepts of relevance to nurses who care for infants, children, or adolescents...
- Pharmacogenetics in critical care: atrial fibrillation as an exemplarCynthia A Prows
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 20:223-31, vi-vii. 2008....
- Medication selection by genotype: How genetics is changing drug prescribing and efficacyCynthia A Prows
Department of Patient Services, Division of Nursing, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Nurs 104:60-70; quiz 71. 2004
- Infusion of pharmacogenetics into cancer careCynthia A Prows
Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 27:45-53. 2011..To review pharmacogenetics as it relates to cancer therapy and to describe pharmacogenetic tests that are clinically available and relevant to cancer drug selection or dosing or both...
- Nurses' genetic/genomics competencies when medication therapy is guided by pharmacogenetic testing: children with mental health disorders as an exemplarCynthia A Prows
Division of Patient Services, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:179-88. 2009....
- Characteristics of successful recruitment in prospective pediatric pharmacogenetic studiesShannon N Saldana
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Clin Ther 33:2072-81. 2011..There is a need to explore feasible means of accruing an appropriate study cohort to help fill the knowledge gap between pharmacogenetic contributions to drug response and clinical application in the pediatric population...
- Drug-metabolizing enzyme genotypes and aggressive behavior treatment response in hospitalized pediatric psychiatric patientsCynthia A Prows
Division of Patient Services, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:385-94. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine the association between the CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotype-predicted combined phenotypes and short-term measures of psychotropic efficacy and toxicity...
- A checklist to assist in the integration of genetics into nursing curriculaCarol Hetteberg
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, OH 45229, USA
Nurs Outlook 52:85-8. 2004
- A success of a genetics educational intervention for nursing and dietetic students: A model for incorporating genetics into nursing and allied health curriculaDeborah L Cragun
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 4006, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Allied Health 34:90-6. 2005..Recommendations and resources for incorporating genetics into allied health curricula are included...
- Codeine-related adverse drug reactions in children following tonsillectomy: a prospective studyCynthia A Prows
Division of Human Genetics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio Division of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
Laryngoscope 124:1242-50. 2014..To prospectively determine factors associated with codeine's adverse drug reactions (ADRs) at home in a large homogenous population of children undergoing outpatient tonsillectomy...
- Outcomes of a genetics education program for nursing facultyCynthia A Prows
Department of Patient Services, Division of Nursing, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Human Genetics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 24:81-5. 2003..These findings indicate that this program provided the necessary foundational instruction and resources to enable nursing faculty participants to bring about change in their curricula...
- Genomics in nursing educationCynthia A Prows
Genetics Children s Hospital Medical, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 37:196-202. 2005..To review international efforts to incorporate genetics content into nursing education curricula...
- Development of a web-based genetics institute for a nursing audienceCynthia A Prows
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Patient Services and Human Genetics, ML 4006, E5 249, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 35:223-31. 2004..Finally, lessons learned following completion of two 18-week web-based genetics institutes are shared...