Kieran J Phelan
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Residential injuries in U.S. children and adolescentsKieran J Phelan
Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and Cincinnati Children s Environmental Health Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Public Health Rep 120:63-70. 2005..S. children, but little research exists on injury in the home environment. The purpose of this study was to estimate the rate and severity of and trends in unintentional residential injury for U.S. children <20 years for 1993-1999...
- In their own words: adolescent views on ADHD and their evolving role managing medicationWilliam B Brinkman
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Acad Pediatr 12:53-61. 2012..The objective of this study was to gain a detailed understanding of how adolescents with ADHD contribute to medication treatment decisions...
- A randomized controlled trial of home injury hazard reduction: the HOME injury studyKieran J Phelan
Center for Children s Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:339-45. 2011..To test the efficacy of installing safety devices in the homes of young children on total injury rates and on injuries deemed a priori modifiable by the installation of these devices...
- Comparing the frequency of unrecognized attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms in injured versus noninjured patients presenting for care in the pediatric emergency departmentZachary E Pittsenbarger
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 24:438-41. 2008..Children with ADHD have an increased risk of injuries. Whether injured children presenting to the emergency department (ED) have an increased frequency of unrecognized ADHD symptoms compared to noninjured children is not known...
- Parental angst making and revisiting decisions about treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderWilliam B Brinkman
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Pediatrics 124:580-9. 2009..Despite availability of effective treatment options, initiation of treatment is variable and persistence with therapeutic regimens is poor...
- Deaths from residential injuries in US children and adolescents, 1985-1997Jyothi Nagaraja
Battelle Memorial Institute, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Pediatrics 116:454-61. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine the incidence and trends of deaths from injuries that occurred in the residential setting...