K J Phelan
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Maternal supervision of children during their first 3 years of life: the influence of maternal depression and child genderKieran J Phelan
MD, MS, James M Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, MLC 7014, Rm 2 347 S Building, 3333 Burnett Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 39:349-57. 2014..The present study examined the effect of child gender and maternal depressive symptoms on routine supervisory practices of mothers longitudinally...
- A randomized controlled trial of home injury hazard reduction: the HOME injury studyKieran J Phelan
Center for Children s Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:339-45. 2011..To test the efficacy of installing safety devices in the homes of young children on total injury rates and on injuries deemed a priori modifiable by the installation of these devices...
- Validation of a HOME Injury SurveyK J Phelan
Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Inj Prev 15:300-6. 2009..There are no validated observational surveys to assess injury hazards in the home environment...
- Maternal depression, child behavior, and injuryK Phelan
Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Inj Prev 13:403-8. 2007..Few data exist on the effect of maternal depression on child injury outcomes and mediators of this relationship...
- Residential injuries in U.S. children and adolescentsKieran J Phelan
Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and Cincinnati Children s Environmental Health Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Public Health Rep 120:63-70. 2005..S. children, but little research exists on injury in the home environment. The purpose of this study was to estimate the rate and severity of and trends in unintentional residential injury for U.S. children <20 years for 1993-1999...
- Parental angst making and revisiting decisions about treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderWilliam B Brinkman
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Pediatrics 124:580-9. 2009..Despite availability of effective treatment options, initiation of treatment is variable and persistence with therapeutic regimens is poor...
- Trends and patterns of playground injuries in United States children and adolescentsK J Phelan
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Ambul Pediatr 1:227-33. 2001..To determine the prevalence, trends, and severity of injuries attributable to playground falls relative to other common unintentional mechanisms that resulted in an emergency department (ED) visit in the United States...
- Comparing the frequency of unrecognized attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms in injured versus noninjured patients presenting for care in the pediatric emergency departmentZachary E Pittsenbarger
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 24:438-41. 2008..Children with ADHD have an increased risk of injuries. Whether injured children presenting to the emergency department (ED) have an increased frequency of unrecognized ADHD symptoms compared to noninjured children is not known...
- Pediatric motor vehicle related injuries in the Navajo Nation: the impact of the 1988 child occupant restraint lawsK J Phelan
Divisions of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness and General and Community Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Inj Prev 8:216-20. 2002..Navajo motor vehicle mortality is the highest among the 12 Indian Health Service (IHS) administrative areas. In July 1988, the Navajo Nation enacted a primary enforcement safety belt use and a child restraint law...
- Deaths from residential injuries in US children and adolescents, 1985-1997Jyothi Nagaraja
Battelle Memorial Institute, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Pediatrics 116:454-61. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine the incidence and trends of deaths from injuries that occurred in the residential setting...
- Childhood Residential Injury and Caregiver SupervisionKieran Phelan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The experience and data developed in this award will provide the skills necessary to become an independent clinical investigator in the areas of childhood injury control and supervision. ..
- Injury Prevention in a Home Visitation PopulationKieran J Phelan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposal is focused on a compelling population of households of at-risk mothers and their children less than 4 years of age. ..