Genomes and Genes
Michael L Mucenski
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Beta-catenin regulates differentiation of respiratory epithelial cells in vivoMichael L Mucenski
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L971-9. 2005....
- beta-Catenin is required for specification of proximal/distal cell fate during lung morphogenesisMichael L Mucenski
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40231-8. 2003..These observations establish, for the first time, both the sites and timing of specification of the proximal and peripheral airways in the developing lung, and that beta-catenin is one of the essential components of this specification...
- R-spondin 2 is required for normal laryngeal-tracheal, lung and limb morphogenesisSheila M Bell
Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 135:1049-58. 2008..Interbreeding the Rspo2(Tg) and Lrp6(-) alleles resulted in more severe defects consisting of marked lung hypoplasia and absence of tracheal-bronchial rings, laryngeal structures and all limb skeletal elements...
- Midkine is regulated by hypoxia and causes pulmonary vascular remodelingPaul R Reynolds
Divisions of Pulmonary Biology and Human Genetics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 279:37124-32. 2004..These data provide a model wherein the respiratory epithelium responds to hypoxia via HIF-1alpha-dependent regulation of MK, enhancing myocardin expression to influence pulmonary vascular gene expression...
- GP130-STAT3 regulates epithelial cell migration and is required for repair of the bronchiolar epitheliumHiroshi Kida
Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1542-54. 2008..In the present study, we show that GP130-STAT3 signaling functions in a cell-autonomous manner to restore cell shape and numbers required for repair of the bronchiolar epithelium following injury...
- Thyroid transcription factor (TTF) -1 regulates the expression of midkine (MK) during lung morphogenesisPaul R Reynolds
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Dev Dyn 227:227-37. 2003..TTF-1 regulates expression of MK in the lung. The temporal/spatial distribution of midkine is consistent with a potential role in paracrine signaling during lung morphogenesis...
- Kras(G12D) and Nkx2-1 haploinsufficiency induce mucinous adenocarcinoma of the lungYutaka Maeda
Perinatal Institute, Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Clin Invest 122:4388-400. 2012..NKX2-1 inhibited both AP-1 activity and tumor colony formation in vitro. These data demonstrate that NKX2-1 functions in a context-dependent manner in lung tumorigenesis and inhibits Kras(G12D)-driven mucinous pulmonary adenocarcinoma...
- Identification and characterization of a lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase in alveolar type II cellsXueni Chen
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11724-9. 2006..We hypothesize that LPCAT plays a critical role in regulating surfactant phospholipid biosynthesis and suggest that understanding the regulation of LPCAT will offer important insight into surfactant phospholipid biosynthesis...
- Oncogenic transcription factor Evi1 regulates hematopoietic stem cell proliferation through GATA-2 expressionHiromi Yuasa
Department of Cell Differentiation, The Sakaguchi Laboratory, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 24:1976-87. 2005..Our results reveal that GATA-2 is presumably one of critical targets for Evi1 and that transcription factors regulate the HSC pool hierarchically...
- The macrophage F4/80 receptor is required for the induction of antigen-specific efferent regulatory T cells in peripheral toleranceHsi Hsien Lin
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3RE, England, UK
J Exp Med 201:1615-25. 2005..Peripheral tolerance was restored in F4/80(-/-) mice by adoptive transfer of F4/80(+) APCs in both peripheral tolerance models, indicating a central role for the F4/80 molecule in the generation of efferent CD8(+) T reg cells...