S L Merhar
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Safety and Tolerability of Enteral Protein Supplementation for Infants With Brain InjuryStephanie L Merhar
Perinatal Institute, Division of Neonatology
Nutr Clin Pract 30:546-50. 2015..We hypothesized that enteral protein supplementation in infants with brain injury would be safe and well tolerated and improve growth...
- Brain magnetic resonance imaging in infants with surgical necrotizing enterocolitis or spontaneous intestinal perforation versus medical necrotizing enterocolitisStephanie L Merhar
Perinatal Institute, Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH Electronic address
J Pediatr 164:410-2.e1. 2014..Infants with surgical NEC or spontaneous intestinal perforation had significantly more brain injury on magnetic resonance imaging compared with infants with medical NEC, even after adjustment for confounders. ..
- Fetal and postnatal brain MRI in premature infants with twin-twin transfusion syndromeS L Merhar
Perinatal Institute, Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Perinatol 33:112-8. 2013....
- Grade and laterality of intraventricular haemorrhage to predict 18-22 month neurodevelopmental outcomes in extremely low birthweight infantsStephanie L Merhar
Division of Neonatology, Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Acta Paediatr 101:414-8. 2012..To determine whether extremely low-birthweight (ELBW) infants with bilateral compared to unilateral intraventricular haemorrhage (IVH) have worse neurodevelopmental outcomes at 18-22 months...
- Biomarkers in neonatal posthemorrhagic hydrocephalusStephanie Merhar
Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Neonatology 101:1-7. 2012..This systematic review summarizes studies on biomarkers of extracellular matrix activity, fibrinolysis/coagulation, hypoxia/cell death, and inflammation in the cerebrospinal fluid of infants with PHH...
- Two boys with 47, XXY and autismS L Merhar
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:840-6. 2007..Trials of antiepileptic medications have not been beneficial in either patient. We report the clinical and EEG findings of each patient, and discuss the implications of this combination of disorders...
- Pharmacokinetics of levetiracetam in neonates with seizuresStephanie L Merhar
Perinatal Institute, Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr 159:152-154.e3. 2011..Neonates were found to have lower clearance, higher volume of distribution, and a longer half-life as compared with older children and adults. Mild somnolence was the only adverse effect...