Catherine D Krawczeski
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Serum interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 are early biomarkers of acute kidney injury and predict prolonged mechanical ventilation in children undergoing cardiac surgery: a case-control studyKathleen D Liu
Divisions of Nephrology and Critical Care Medicine, Departments of Medicine and Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care 13:R104. 2009..The purpose of this study was to test the role of serum cytokines as biomarkers for AKI and prolonged mechanical ventilation...
- Serum cystatin C is an early predictive biomarker of acute kidney injury after pediatric cardiopulmonary bypassCatherine D Krawczeski
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1552-7. 2010..Biomarkers that are sensitive and rapidly measurable could allow early intervention and improve patient outcomes. We investigated the value of serum cystatin C as an early biomarker for AKI after pediatric CPB...
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin concentrations predict development of acute kidney injury in neonates and children after cardiopulmonary bypassCatherine D Krawczeski
Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr 158:1009-1015.e1. 2011..To investigate neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) as an early acute kidney injury (AKI) biomarker after neonatal and pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Temporal relationship and predictive value of urinary acute kidney injury biomarkers after pediatric cardiopulmonary bypassCatherine D Krawczeski
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:2301-9. 2011....
- Proteomic identification of early biomarkers of acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery in childrenPrasad Devarajan
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, 45229 3039, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 56:632-42. 2010..Serum creatinine is a delayed marker of acute kidney injury (AKI). Our purpose is to discover and validate novel early urinary biomarkers of AKI after cardiac surgery...
- Biomarkers of acute kidney injury in pediatric cardiac patientsDavid M Kwiatkowski
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, OH, USA
Biomark Med 6:273-82. 2012..Further clinical validation and broader commercial availability of these novel biomarkers will probably revolutionize the care of pediatric cardiac patients with renal injury...
- Safety of intravenous use of ketorolac in infants following cardiothoracic surgeryTamara N Dawkins
Division of Pharmacy, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Cardiol Young 19:105-8. 2009..To evaluate the impact of intravenous ketorolac on renal function and haematologic values in patients less than six months old following cardiothoracic surgery...