Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Intestinal adaptation after ileal interposition surgery increases bile acid recycling and protects against obesity-related comorbiditiesRohit Kohli
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G652-60. 2010..Changes in serum bile acids or bile acid enterohepatic recycling may mediate the metabolic benefits seen after bariatric surgery...
- High-fructose, medium chain trans fat diet induces liver fibrosis and elevates plasma coenzyme Q9 in a novel murine model of obesity and nonalcoholic steatohepatitisRohit Kohli
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Hepatology 52:934-44. 2010....
- Molecular insights from bariatric surgeryRohit Kohli
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, MLC 2010, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45229, USA
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 12:211-7. 2011..We will also discuss existing literature regarding the weight-loss-independent metabolic benefits including improvement in insulin sensitivity and central nervous system integration of these signals...
- Fibroblast growth factor-19 action in the brain reduces food intake and body weight and improves glucose tolerance in male ratsKaren K Ryan
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Endocrinology 154:9-15. 2013..Together, these findings identify the central nervous system as a potentially important target for the beneficial effects of FGF19 in the treatment of obesity and diabetes...
- Insulin concentration modulates hepatic lipid accumulation in mice in part via transcriptional regulation of fatty acid transport proteinsSamir Softic
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38952. 2012..Thus, we asked whether insulin is an independent modulator of hepatic lipid accumulation...
- The role of the gut hormone GLP-1 in the metabolic improvements caused by ileal transpositionShrawan Gaitonde
Department of Surgery, University Hospital University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Surg Res 178:33-9. 2012..Ileal transposition involves a short segment of distal ileum being transposed to the proximal jejunum in an isoperistaltic direction, thereby avoiding any gastric resection or intestinal bypass...
- Advances in the surgical treatment of morbid obesityMargaret A Stefater
Division of Pediatric and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, United States
Mol Aspects Med 34:84-94. 2013..This may position VSG as an increasingly important procedure, particularly for the treatment of pediatric obesity...
- Isolated unilateral cytomegalovirus retinitis: a rare long-term complication after pediatric liver transplantationJames E Squires
Pediatric Liver Care Center, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Transplant 17:E16-9. 2013..Currently, there is no standard of care regarding screening for CMV retinitis, and thus, further research is needed to define the need for potential changes in current clinical practices and post-transplant screening protocols...
- Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species signal hepatocyte steatosis by regulating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cell survival pathwayRohit Kohli
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Hospital, Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Biol Chem 282:21327-36. 2007..Our findings suggest a common path for response to altered nutrition involving mitochondrial ROS-dependent PI 3-kinase pathway regulation, leading to steatosis...
- Roles of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and osteopontin in steatosis and aminotransferase release by hepatocytes treated with methionine-choline-deficient mediumAtul Sahai
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Children's Memorial Research Center, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G55-62. 2006..PI3-kinase plays a central role in signaling the MCD medium-induced steatosis and increased OPN expression, whereas OPN appears to play a role in signaling hepatocyte ALT release but not steatosis...