Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- The relationship of health outcomes to improvement in BMI in children and adolescentsShelley Kirk
Division of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Obes Res 13:876-82. 2005..To evaluate the clinical outcomes of patients participating in an outpatient program for managing childhood and adolescent obesity...
- Role of carbohydrate modification in weight management among obese children: a randomized clinical trialShelley Kirk
Center for Better Health and Nutrition, The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr 161:320-7.e1. 2012..To compare the effectiveness and safety of carbohydrate (CHO)-modified diets with a standard portion-controlled (PC) diet in obese children...
- Pediatric obesity epidemic: treatment optionsShelley Kirk
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center 45229 3039, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:S44-51. 2005....
- Psychological adjustment of obese youth presenting for weight management treatmentMeg H Zeller
Division of Psychology, ML D 3015, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Obes Res 12:1576-86. 2004....
- Predictors of attrition from a pediatric weight management programMeg Zeller
Division of Psychology NL D 3015, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr 144:466-70. 2004..The current study examined characteristics of families who initiated weight management treatment for their obese child/adolescent and withdrew prematurely...
- The association between obstructive sleep apnea and dietary choices among obese individuals during middle to late childhoodDean W Beebe
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Sleep Med 12:797-9. 2011..It was hypothesized that OSA would be associated with increased caloric content of a dinner order, particularly with high carbohydrate food choices. Secondarily, we examined the relationships between sleep duration and dietary choices...
- One-year outcomes of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbidly obese adolescents: a multicenter study from the Pediatric Bariatric Study GroupM Louise Lawson
Center for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45255, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:137-43; discussion 137-43. 2006..Little is known about the metabolic outcomes of adolescent bariatric surgery. We report changes in weight, metabolic profile, and types of complications seen in a multicenter cohort...
- Preferential loss of central (trunk) adiposity in adolescents and young adults after laparoscopic gastric bypassThomas Inge
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:153-8. 2007....
- Service quality and attrition: an examination of a pediatric obesity programMax P Cote
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 16:165-73. 2004..To examine the demographic, illness, and quality of care determinants of service attrition in a pediatric obesity program, and to elucidate factors that may promote families' return to care...
- HealthWorks! Weight management program for children and adolescentsJennifer Hipsky
Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 102:S64-7. 2002
- A multidisciplinary approach to the adolescent bariatric surgical patientThomas H Inge
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:442-7; discussion 446-7. 2004..The purpose of this report was to describe the establishment and early experience of a multidisciplinary Comprehensive Weight Management Center (CWMC) in a free-standing children's hospital...