Paul S Kingma
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- In defense of the lung: surfactant protein A and surfactant protein DPaul S Kingma
Division of Neonatology, Perinatal, and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Curr Opin Pharmacol 6:277-83. 2006..As a consequence of their physiologic functions, SP-A- and SP-D-dependent pathways are targets for clinical therapies designed to limit the proliferation of microoorgansims and to ameliorate inflammation following pulmonary infection...
- Pulmonary maturational arrest and death in a patient with pulmonary interstitial glycogenosisBrooke A King
The Perinatal Institute, Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH45229 3039, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 46:1142-5. 2011..In addition, this case may provide insight into the pathogenesis and potential modifiers of this idiopathic disorder...
- Surfactant protein D deficiency increases lung injury during endotoxemiaBrooke A King
Perinatal Institute, Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:709-15. 2011..In conclusion, these results suggest that SP-D inhibits pulmonary inflammation and migration of peripheral monocyte/macrophages into the lung through GM-CSF-dependent pathways during indirect lung injury...
- Octreotide for chylous effusions in congenital diaphragmatic herniaMelissa W Landis
The Perinatal Institute, Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Surg 48:2226-9. 2013..The optimal treatment strategy remains unclear. We hypothesize that octreotide decreases chylous effusions in infants with CDH...
- The congenital diaphragmatic hernia composite prognostic index correlates with survival in left-sided congenital diaphragmatic herniaLouis D Le
The Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:57-62. 2012....
- Correction of pulmonary abnormalities in Sftpd-/- mice requires the collagenous domain of surfactant protein DPaul S Kingma
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 281:24496-505. 2006..The collagen domain of SP-D is required for the regulation of pulmonary macrophage activation, airspace remodeling, and surfactant lipid homeostasis...
- Late gestation fetal magnetic resonance imaging-derived total lung volume predicts postnatal survival and need for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support in isolated congenital diaphragmatic herniaTimothy C Lee
The CDH Team, Division of Pediatric General, Thoracic and Fetal Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:1165-71. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine if there is a correlation between late gestational fetal MRI-derived total lung volumes (TLVs) and CDH outcomes...