Alan P Kenny
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Sizzled-tolloid interactions maintain foregut progenitors by regulating fibronectin-dependent BMP signalingAlan P Kenny
Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Cell 23:292-304. 2012..These results have implications for BMP signaling in diverse contexts and the differentiation of foregut tissue from stem cells...
- Concurrent course of transient neonatal diabetes with cholestasis and paucity of interlobular bile ducts: a case reportAlan P Kenny
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 12:417-20. 2009..We suggest that hepatobiliary function be evaluated in patients with TNDM to determine the prevalence and course of cholestasis of the disease...
- Prolonged FGF signaling is necessary for lung and liver induction in XenopusEmily T Shifley
Perinatal Institute, Divisions of Developmental Biology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMC Dev Biol 12:27. 2012..The mechanisms that regulate FGF dose in vivo are unknown. Here we use Xenopus embryos to examine the hypothesis that a prolonged duration of FGF signaling from the mesoderm is required to induce foregut organs...
- Structure of protein related to Dan and Cerberus: insights into the mechanism of bone morphogenetic protein antagonismKristof Nolan
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati, Medical Sciences Building, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Structure 21:1417-29. 2013..We also determined that PRDC binds heparin with high affinity and that heparin binding to PRDC interferes with BMP antagonism. These results offer insight for how DAN family antagonists functionally inhibit BMP ligands. ..
- Sfrp5 coordinates foregut specification and morphogenesis by antagonizing both canonical and noncanonical Wnt11 signalingYan Li
Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation and Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Genes Dev 22:3050-63. 2008..This novel mechanism coordinating canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling may have broad implications for organogenesis and cancer...