Prasanna R Karunanayaka
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Age-related connectivity changes in fMRI data from children listening to storiesPrasanna R Karunanayaka
Imaging Research Center, Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave ML 5031, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Neuroimage 34:349-60. 2007..The classical Wernicke-Geschwind (WG) model for speech processing is expanded to a two-route model involving a direct route between Broca's and Wernicke's area and an indirect route involving the parietal lobe...
- Neural substrate differences in language networks and associated language-related behavioral impairments in children with TBI: a preliminary fMRI investigationPrasanna R Karunanayaka
Pediatric Neuroimaging Research Consortium, Imaging Research Center, Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
NeuroRehabilitation 22:355-69. 2007..Our study demonstrates the feasibility and potential utility of fMRI as a means of quantifying changes associated with language deficits in future pediatric TBI studies...
- Language networks in children: evidence from functional MRI studiesJennifer Vannest
Pediatric Neuroimaging Research Consortium, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation and Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 5033, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:1190-6. 2009..The purpose of our study was to review functional MRI and other neuroimaging studies of language skills in children from infancy to adulthood...
- Comparison of fMRI data from passive listening and active-response story processing tasks in childrenJennifer J Vannest
Pediatric Neuroimaging Research Consortium, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:971-6. 2009..We compare a passive listening (PL) story paradigm to an active-response (AR) version including online performance monitoring and a sparse acquisition technique...
- Functional MRI of language lateralization during development in childrenScott K Holland
Pediatric Neuroimaging Research Consortium, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Int J Audiol 46:533-51. 2007..This review emphasizes the importance of considering age and child development in neuroimaging studies of language...