Heather C Kaplan
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- The Model for Understanding Success in Quality (MUSIQ): building a theory of context in healthcare quality improvementHeather C Kaplan
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Centre, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7009, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 21:13-20. 2012..BACKGROUND Quality improvement (QI) efforts have become widespread in healthcare, however there is significant variability in their success. Differences in context are thought to be responsible for some of the variability seen...
- Changing practice to improve patient safety and quality of care in perinatal medicineHeather C Kaplan
Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Am J Perinatol 29:35-42. 2012....
- Understanding variation in vitamin A supplementation among NICUsHeather C Kaplan
Divisions of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Neonatology, ML 7009, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatrics 126:e367-73. 2010..We examined and characterized variation among NICUs in the use of vitamin A supplementation for the prevention of bronchopulmonary dysplasia in extremely low birth weight infants...
- The influence of context on quality improvement success in health care: a systematic review of the literatureHeather C Kaplan
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Milbank Q 88:500-59. 2010..The mixed results of success among QI initiatives may be due to differences in the context of these initiatives...
- Assessment of surfactant use in preterm infants as a marker of neonatal intensive care unit qualityHeather C Kaplan
Perinatal Institute and James M, Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:22. 2011..However, process measures have remained largely unexamined. The objective of this research was to examine variation in surfactant use as a possible process measure of neonatal quality...
- Ohio statewide quality-improvement collaborative to reduce late-onset sepsis in preterm infantsHeather C Kaplan
Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 7009, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatrics 127:427-35. 2011..We hypothesized that these methods would result in a 50% reduction in nosocomial infection...