Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Update on rhabdomyosarcomaRoshni Dasgupta
Division of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 21:68-78. 2012..The current state-of-the-art treatment is determined by treatment protocols developed by the Soft Tissue Sarcoma Committee of the children's Oncology Group...
- The use of Surgisis for abdominal wall reconstruction in the separation of omphalopagus conjoined twinsRoshni Dasgupta
Division of Pediatric General Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Pediatr Surg Int 23:923-6. 2007..Surgisis can be successfully used for the reconstruction of complex abdominal wall defects in the pediatric patient, including reconstruction after separation of conjoined twins...
- Noninterventional treatment of selected head and neck lymphatic malformationsRoshni Dasgupta
Hemangioma and Vascular Malfomations Center, Division of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:869-73. 2008..Patients with lymphatic malformations often undergo resection or sclerotherapy to prevent possible complications, as it has been thought that lymphatic lesions do not regress...
- Generalized lymphatic malformation with chylothorax: long-term management of a highly morbid condition in a pediatric patientWendy Chen
Department of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr Surg 48:e9-12. 2013..We discuss the complex ongoing long-term management of a pediatric patient with GLM who presented with massive, persistent left chylothorax, which resolved by surgical ligation of the thoracic duct and medical management...
- Lung nodules in pediatric oncology patients: a prediction rule for when to biopsyZaria Murrell
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:833-7. 2011..The purpose of the study was to develop a prediction rule regarding the factors that most accurately predict the diagnosis of a malignancy in a lung nodule in the pediatric oncology patient...
- Use of sentinel node biopsy for staging parameningeal rhabdomyosarcomaBRIAN D WEISS
Division of Pediatric Oncology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:520-3. 2011..This case demonstrates how information from sentinel node identification and biopsy can change therapy recommendations in patients with parameningeal rhabdomyosarcoma...
- Sirolimus for the treatment of complicated vascular anomalies in childrenAdrienne M Hammill
Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:1018-24. 2011..Vascular tumors such as kaposiform hemangioendotheliomas (KHE) and complicated vascular malformations have proven particularly difficult to treat...
- Evaluation and management of persistent problems after surgery for Hirschsprung disease in a childRoshni Dasgupta
Division of Pediatric and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:13-9. 2008..These children require complex interdisciplinary care to ensure an adequate quality of life...
- Lung torsion after tracheoesophageal fistula repair: a case report and review of literatureCarol Oliveira
Division of General Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Surg 42:E5-9. 2007..Patients with complete interlobar fissures may benefit from pulmonary lobe fixation as a prophylaxis against occurrence or recurrence of this complication...
- What predicts the risk of recurrent lung metastases?Zaria Murrell
Division of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Surg 48:1020-4. 2013..The purpose of this study was to determine what factors predict recurrent lung metastatic disease in pediatric oncology patients...
- Patterns of chemotherapy-induced toxicities in younger children and adolescents with rhabdomyosarcoma: a report from the Children's Oncology Group Soft Tissue Sarcoma CommitteeAbha A Gupta
Department of Hematology Oncology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 118:1130-7. 2012..Patients aged >10 years with rhabdomyosarcoma have an inferior outcome compared with patients ages 1 to 9 years, which may be explained by toxicities (adverse events [AEs]) that result in chemotherapy dose reductions...
- Spectrum of hepatic hemangiomas: management and outcomeBelinda Dickie
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45236, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:125-33. 2009..Infants with multiple cutaneous hemangiomas often present with hepatic hemangiomas. They can follow a benign clinical course or require complex management. We reviewed our experience in the management of hepatic hemangiomas...