Richard J Czosek
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Utility of ambulatory monitoring in patients with congenital heart diseaseRichard J Czosek
Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:723-30. 2013....
- Impact of cardiac devices on the quality of life in pediatric patientsRichard J Czosek
Heart Institute, Division of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 5:1064-72. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare (QOL) scores among pediatric device patients, healthy controls, and congenital heart disease (CHD) patients and determine the key drivers of QOL in pediatric device patients...
- Cardiac rhythm devices in the pediatric population: utilization and complicationsRichard J Czosek
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Heart Rhythm 9:199-208. 2012..Cardiac rhythm devices are important in the management of pediatric patients with rhythm abnormalities, although factors driving utilization are poorly understood...
- Nodoventricular pathway associated with twin AV nodes: complexity of ablation in single ventricle physiologyRichard J Czosek
Division of Cardiology, Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 21:936-9. 2010..This patient underscores the importance of close surveillance and high index of suspicion of arrhythmia mechanisms in patients with heterotaxy syndrome in conjunction with single ventricle morphology...
- Noninvasive risk stratification techniques in pediatric patients with ventricular preexcitationRichard J Czosek
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 34:555-62. 2011..Individuals with ventricular preexcitation (VP) are known to have an increased risk of sudden death. This risk has been associated with conduction properties of the accessory pathway...
- Linear lesion cryoablation for the treatment of atrioventricular nodal re-entry tachycardia in pediatrics and young adultsRichard J Czosek
Heart Center, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 33:1304-11. 2010..Cryothermal ablation reduces the risk of AV block, but has had decreased procedural success and increased recurrence of tachycardia. We sought to evaluate the technique of linear lesion cryoablation (LLC) for treatment of AVNRT...
- Pediatric syncope: National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey resultsJeffrey B Anderson
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45255, USA
J Emerg Med 43:575-83. 2012..Syncope is a common problem in children and adolescents. The diagnostic yield for most tests commonly used in the evaluation of pediatric patients with syncope is low...
- The effect of paediatric syncope on health-related quality of lifeJeffrey B Anderson
Department of Pediatrics, The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Ohio, United States of America
Cardiol Young 22:583-8. 2012..Syncope is common in children and adolescents and most commonly represents neurocardiogenic syncope. No information has been reported regarding the effect of syncope on health-related quality of life in children...
- Postoperative heart block in children with common forms of congenital heart disease: results from the KID DatabaseJeffrey B Anderson
Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:1349-54. 2012..We sought to describe the occurrence of and costs related to postoperative CHB following surgical repair of common forms of CHD using a large national database...
- Successful treatment of pallid breath-holding spells with fluoxetineMark Walsh
Division of Cardiology, Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnett Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatrics 130:e685-9. 2012..Considering its safe side-effect profile it is a worthwhile first-line agent to treat this disorder...
- Conduction abnormalities in pediatric patients with restrictive cardiomyopathyMark A Walsh
Heart Institute, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Circ Heart Fail 5:267-73. 2012..The extent of conduction abnormalities in this population and their relationship to life-threatening events has not been previously reported...
- Presence of mechanical dyssynchrony in Duchenne muscular dystrophyKan N Hor
The Heart and Vascular Center, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:12. 2011..We hypothesized that mechanical dyssynchrony is present in DMD patients and that cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) may predict CRT efficacy...
- A mouse model of conduction system patterning abnormalities in heterotaxy syndromeRichard J Czosek
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pediatr Res 68:275-80. 2010....