Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Prospero and Pax2 combinatorially control neural cell fate decisions by modulating Ras- and Notch-dependent signalingMark Charlton-Perkins
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Neural Dev 6:20. 2011..However, many questions remain unanswered related to how downstream events of these two signaling pathways mediate distinct cell fate decisions...
- Genomic and gene regulatory signatures of cryptozoic adaptation: Loss of blue sensitive photoreceptors through expansion of long wavelength-opsin expression in the red flour beetle Tribolium castaneumMagdalena Jackowska
Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202 USA
Front Zool 4:24. 2007..Here, we studied the spatial regulation of the Tribolium single LW- and UV-opsin gene paralogs in comparison to that of the five opsin paralogs in the retina of Drosophila melanogaster...
- Senseless functions as a molecular switch for color photoreceptor differentiation in DrosophilaBaotong Xie
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 134:4243-53. 2007..Interestingly, Pros has recently been shown to function as a tumor suppressor, whereas Gfi1 is a well-characterized oncogene. Thus, we propose that sens/pros antagonism is important for regulating many biological processes...
- Gfi1-cells and circuits: unraveling transcriptional networks of development and diseaseJames D Phelan
Immunobiology Graduate Program, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 17:300-7. 2010..The review will integrate current knowledge of transcriptional circuits whose dysregulation leads to autoimmunity, neutropenia and leukemia...
- OTX2 and CRX rescue overlapping and photoreceptor-specific functions in the Drosophila eyeDAVID TERRELL
Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Dev Dyn 241:215-28. 2012..Using the Drosophila eye as a model, we tested the ability of the human OTX1, OTX2, and CRX genes, as well as several disease-associated CRX alleles, to rescue the different functions of Otd...