Michael R Bennett
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Identification of urinary metabolites that distinguish membranous lupus nephritis from proliferative lupus nephritis and focal segmental glomerulosclerosisLindsey E Romick-Rosendale
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R199. 2011....
- NGAL distinguishes steroid sensitivity in idiopathic nephrotic syndromeMichael R Bennett
Division Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, ML 7022, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 27:807-12. 2012..We set out to determine if urine NGAL can distinguish between patients with SRNS, SSNS, and healthy controls...
- Plasma neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin predicts acute kidney injury, morbidity and mortality after pediatric cardiac surgery: a prospective uncontrolled cohort studyCatherine L Dent
Department of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Crit Care 11:R127. 2007..In this study we tested whether a point-of-care NGAL device can predict AKI after CPB in a larger cohort...
- Proteomic analysis of acute kidney injury: biomarkers to mechanismsMichael R Bennett
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 5:67-77. 2011..This review concludes with a discussion of the future of proteomics and personalized medicine in AKI and the challenges presented in translating these exciting proteomic results to the clinic...
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin concentrations predict development of acute kidney injury in neonates and children after cardiopulmonary bypassCatherine D Krawczeski
Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr 158:1009-1015.e1. 2011..To investigate neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) as an early acute kidney injury (AKI) biomarker after neonatal and pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Discovery and initial validation of α 1-B glycoprotein fragmentation as a differential urinary biomarker in pediatric steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeNuntawan Piyaphanee
Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 5:334-42. 2011..In this cross-sectional pilot study we set out to discover a non-invasive biomarker that could distinguish steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome (SRNS) from steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome (SSNS)...
- Association of noninvasively measured renal protein biomarkers with histologic features of lupus nephritisHermine I Brunner
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:2687-97. 2012....
- Preterm labor biomarker discovery in serum using 3 proteomic profiling methodologiesCaroline L Stella
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:387.e1-13. 2009..The aim of this study was to identify changes in protein expression in normal pregnancy compared with preterm labor by using 3 proteomic methods...
- Serum cystatin C is an early predictive biomarker of acute kidney injury after pediatric cardiopulmonary bypassCatherine D Krawczeski
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1552-7. 2010..Biomarkers that are sensitive and rapidly measurable could allow early intervention and improve patient outcomes. We investigated the value of serum cystatin C as an early biomarker for AKI after pediatric CPB...
- Urinary NGAL in premature infantsAdrian P Lavery
Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pediatr Res 64:423-8. 2008..We conclude that urine NGAL is easily obtained in premature infants and that it correlates significantly with both BW and gestational age. The use of urinary NGAL as a biomarker of AKI in premature infants warrants further investigation...