Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential in a pediatric renal transplant recipient (PUNLMP): a case reportShumyle Alam
Division of Pediatric Urology, Department of Nephrology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pediatr Transplant 11:680-2. 2007
- Urological issues in pediatric renal transplantationShumyle Alam
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Curr Opin Urol 18:413-8. 2008..The pediatric patient with end-stage renal disease provides a great opportunity for the involvement of the pediatric urologist because of the high incidence of associated urologic anomalies...
- Acquired posterior urethral diverticulum following surgery for anorectal malformationsShumyle Alam
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:1231-5. 2011..One complication, the posterior urethral diverticulum, may have untoward consequences if not recognized and treated...
- Urologic co-morbidities associated with sacrococcygeal teratoma and a rational plan for urologic surveillanceNicholas G Cost
Division of Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:1626-9. 2013..SCT pelvic mass effect and the need for aggressive surgical resection, create potential for urologic co-morbidity. We reviewed our experience with SCTs and propose a rational plan for urologic surveillance...
- Low incidence of urinary tract infections following renal transplantation in children with bladder augmentationErica Traxel
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Urol 186:667-71. 2011..Previous reports have suggested unacceptable urinary tract infection rates in these immunosuppressed patients. We reviewed our experience in this population...
- MRI of acquired posterior urethral diverticulum following surgery for anorectal malformationsDaniel J Podberesky
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Radiol 41:1139-45. 2011..Posterior urethral diverticulum (PUD) is one of the most common postoperative complications associated with anorectal malformation (ARM) correction...
- Progression of renal insufficiency in children and adolescents with neuropathic bladder is not accelerated by lower urinary tract reconstructionVesna Ivancic
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Urol 184:1768-74. 2010..A low pressure urinary reservoir optimizes the chance of graft survival and may slow native kidney death. We evaluated whether the renal deterioration rate is affected by augmentation cystoplasty...
- Prenatal and postnatal urologic complications of sacrococcygeal teratomasLouis D Le
The Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:1186-90. 2011..Urologic complications are an underappreciated sequelae of the mass effect of sacrococcygeal teratoma (SCT) and its resection. The goal of this study was to evaluate the incidence and severity of urologic complications in patients with SCT...
- The posterior sagittal approach for recurrent genitourinary pathologyShumyle Alam
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Urol 178:1668-71; discussion 1671. 2007..In the setting of revisional surgery abdominal or perineal approaches may not provide the same level of exposure to the lower urinary tract...
- Pediatric varicocelectomy: a comparative study of conventional laparoscopic and laparoendoscopic single-site approachesDanesh Bansal
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
J Endourol 28:513-6. 2014..The purpose of this study is to report our experience and compare outcomes between conventional laparoscopy and laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) surgery for varicocelectomy in the pediatric population...
- Creation of an appendicovesicostomy Mitrofanoff from a preexisting appendicocecostomy utilizing the spilt appendix techniqueBrian A VanderBrink
Division of Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 49:656-9. 2014..We report our series of patients utilizing a novel alternative strategy in the select clinical circumstance of an existing appendicocecostomy to expand the armamentarium of the urologic reconstructive surgeon...