Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Simvastatin is protective during Staphylococcus aureus pneumoniaSusan A McDowell
Department of Biology, Ball State University, Muncie, IN, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 12:1455-62. 2011....
- Host defense proteins in vernix caseosa and amniotic fluidHenry T Akinbi
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:2090-6. 2004..This study was undertaken to define the spectrum, activity, and spatial distribution of antimicrobial peptides in vernix caseosa and amniotic fluid in the absence of clinical chorioamnionitis...
- Alterations in the host defense properties of human milk following prolonged storage or pasteurizationHenry Akinbi
Division of Pulmonary Biology and Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 51:347-52. 2010..Our objectives were to assess the impact of pasteurization or prolonged storage at -20 degrees C on the immunologic components of human milk and the capability of the different forms of human milk to support bacterial proliferation...
- Mouse lysozyme M is important in pulmonary host defense against Klebsiella pneumoniae infectionPhilipp Markart
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:454-8. 2004..01). Deficiency of lysozyme M in the lungs increased susceptibility to K. pneumoniae infection, whereas increased expression of lysozyme conferred resistance to infection and enhanced survival...
- Comparison of the microbicidal and muramidase activities of mouse lysozyme M and PPhilipp Markart
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik II, Klinikstrasse 36, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Biochem J 380:385-92. 2004..This outcome suggests that disruption of both M and P loci would significantly increase susceptibility to airway infections, particularly those associated with colonization by Gram-positive organisms...
- The peptidoglycan-degrading property of lysozyme is not required for bactericidal activity in vivoJames A Nash
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Immunol 177:519-26. 2006..These results indicate that the muramidase activity of lysozyme is not required for bacterial killing in vitro or in vivo...
- Host defense proteins on the surface of neonatal skin: implications for innate immunityValencia P Walker
Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr 152:777-81. 2008....
- Role of Lysozyme in Airways Host DefenseHenry Akinbi; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide insight into the role of lysozyme in airway host defense and provide a preliminary assessment of the therapeutic potential of exogenously administered lysozyme. ..