Affiliation: Christiana Care Health System
- Sustained high influenza vaccination rates and decreased safety concerns among pregnant women during the 2010-2011 influenza seasonM Drees
Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE 19718, USA
Vaccine 31:362-6. 2013..We surveyed postpartum women to determine whether high vaccination rates were sustained during the 2010-11 influenza season...
- Bandemia with normal white blood cell counts associated with infectionMarci Drees
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE 4755, USA
Am J Med 125:1124.e9-1124.e15. 2012..We performed this study to determine whether elevated band counts, with normal total white blood cells on admission, were associated with infection or in-hospital death...
- Acceptance of 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine among pregnant women in DelawareMarci Drees
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Am J Perinatol 29:289-94. 2012..H1N1 vaccine uptake among pregnant women was substantially higher than reported influenza vaccination rates during previous seasons. Safety concerns were the major barrier to vaccination...
- Repeated enzyme immunoassays have limited utility in diagnosing Clostridium difficileM Drees
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:397-9. 2008..The relative NPV of the first EIA was 97.4%. These data suggest that using newer generation EIAs, repeated testing is of limited benefit in diagnosing CDAD...
- Prior environmental contamination increases the risk of acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococciMarci Drees
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston Massachusetts, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:678-85. 2008..Patients colonized with vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) frequently contaminate their environment, but the environmental role of VRE transmission remains controversial...
- Antibiotic exposure and room contamination among patients colonized with vancomycin-resistant enterococciMarci Drees
Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:709-15. 2008..To determine whether total and antianaerobic antibiotic exposure increases the risk of room contamination among vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE)-colonized patients...
- Underestimating the impact of ventilator-associated pneumonia by use of surveillance dataMarci Drees
Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:650-2. 2010..Efforts to improve coding and clinical documentation will address much but not all of this discrepancy between surveillance and administrative data...
- New agents for Staphylococcus aureus endocarditisMarci Drees
Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 19:544-50. 2006..aureus strains with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin mandates development of new antistaphylococcal agents. This review summarizes currently available and forthcoming antimicrobials for treatment of S. aureus endocarditis...