V U Collier
Affiliation: Christiana Care Health System
- Correlates of young physicians' support for unionization to maintain professional influenceV U Collier
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE 19718, USA
Acad Med 76:1039-44. 2001..A resolution in support of physicians' unionization was recently approved by the American Medical Association's House of Delegates. This study investigated the factors associated with young physicians' approval of unionization...
- Stress in medical residency: status quo after a decade of reform?Virginia U Collier
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, PO Box 6001, Newark, Delaware 19718, USA
Ann Intern Med 136:384-90. 2002..Although curricular reforms have attempted to address sources of stress in medical residency, no recent studies have examined the financial or emotional situations of current medicine residents...
- Chaperone use by residents during pelvic, breast, testicular, and rectal examsD B Ehrenthal
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, DE, USA
J Gen Intern Med 15:573-6. 2000..It would be valuable to develop guidelines for chaperone use to help residents understand the issues involved in the choices, and to protect the residents from the possible medico-legal consequences of forgoing chaperones...
- Physicians' decisions to withhold and withdraw life-sustaining treatmentNeil J Farber
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:560-4. 2006..Few data are available about physicians' decisions in regard to withholding or withdrawing life-sustaining measures. We therefore studied internists' views on this subject...
- Physicians' willingness to report impaired colleaguesNeil J Farber
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, 501 West 14th Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Soc Sci Med 61:1772-5. 2005..001). We conclude that physicians should be educated on the availability and functioning of PHPs and the ethical and legal obligations of assisting impaired colleagues...
- Frequency and perceived competence in providing palliative care to terminally ill patients: a survey of primary care physiciansNeil J Farber
Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 28:364-72. 2004..Internists and family practitioners provide palliative care to patients, but feel their skills are lacking in certain areas. Training may improve care to patients at the end of life...
- The good news about giving bad news to patientsNeil J Farber
Received from Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, Del 19899, USA
J Gen Intern Med 17:914-22. 2002..There are few data available on how physicians inform patients about bad news. We surveyed internists about how they convey this information...
- Residents' prescription writing for nonpatientsBrian M Aboff
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, 501 W 14th St, Wilmington, DE 19899, USA
JAMA 288:381-5. 2002..Little is known, however, about residents' patterns of prescription writing outside of supervision or about residents' knowledge of the ethical and legal guidelines that regulate prescription writing...
- Primary care physicians' decisions about discharging patients from their practicesNeil J Farber
University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:283-7. 2008..To study general internists' and family medicine physicians' attitudes and experiences in discharging patients from their practices...
- Primary care practitioners' understanding of physiatric practice: effects on intention to referCristin McKenna
Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:881-8. 2005....
- Redesigning training for internal medicineSteven E Weinberger
American College of Physicians, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106, USA
Ann Intern Med 144:927-32. 2006..Better faculty models must be developed that build on the concept of a "core faculty," improve the rewards for teaching faculty, and provide appropriate faculty development focusing on a necessary set of educator competencies...