Brian J Wiatrak
Affiliation: Children's Hospital
- Harmonic scalpel for tonsillectomyBrian J Wiatrak
Children s Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
Laryngoscope 112:14-6. 2002..To describe the Harmonic scalpel and review recent studies comparing its use in tonsillectomy with standard dissection and electrocautery...
- MRSA and non-MRSA otorrhea in children: a comparative study of clinical courseNathan S Alexander
Pediatric ENT Associates of Alabama, Children s Hospital of Alabama, 1940 Elmer J Bissell Road, Birmingham, AL 35243, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:1223-7. 2011....
- Overview of recurrent respiratory papillomatosisBrian J Wiatrak
Department of Pediatrics and Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 11:433-41. 2003..By reviewing and assessing these articles, a more clear understanding regarding the etiology and management of pediatric RRP can be obtained, allowing physicians to better care for their pediatric RRP patients...
- Use of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory to assess the health-related quality of life in children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosisJonathan P Lindman
Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 114:499-503. 2005..A distinct, disease-specific survey for RRP, if developed, would have enhanced responsiveness and sensitivity to change (due to the natural course of the disease and/or surgical treatments)...
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: a longitudinal study comparing severity associated with human papilloma viral types 6 and 11 and other risk factors in a large pediatric populationBrian J Wiatrak
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children's Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Laryngoscope 114:1-23. 2004....
- Operative management of choanal atresia: a 15-year experienceJ Robert Newman
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama atBirmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:71-5. 2013..To analyze factors affecting 15-year surgical outcomes of choanal atresia repair...
- Voice quality of prepubescent children with quiescent recurrent respiratory papillomatosisJonathan P Lindman
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35243, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:529-36. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assess the long-term impact of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP) and its treatment on voice quality in prepubescent children...
- Success and complications of four-duct ligation for sialorrheaW Peyton Shirley
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children's Hospital of Alabama, 1600 Seventh Avenue South ACC320, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 67:1-6. 2003..More than half of patients were discharged the day of or the day after surgery. CONCLUSIONS: Four-duct ligation should be considered when surgery is indicated to treat sialorrhea...
- Harmonic scalpel tonsillectomy in children: a randomized prospective studyJ Paul Willging
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Ohio, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:318-25. 2003..SIGNIFICANCE: Tonsillectomy subjects in the HS group showed a statistically significant ability to sleep soundly, suggesting that the subjects experienced less pain. These data correlate with the observed decrease in pain scores...
- HspE7 treatment of pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: final results of an open-label trialCraig S Derkay
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 114:730-7. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Treatment with HspE7 appears to significantly improve the clinical course in pediatric patients with RRP insofar as it reduces the frequency of required surgeries. These results warrant a confirmatory phase III trial...