Affiliation: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Bone mineral density deficits in survivors of childhood cancer: long-term follow-up guidelines and review of the literatureKaren Wasilewski-Masker
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 121:e705-13. 2008....
- Late recurrence in pediatric cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyKaren Wasilewski-Masker
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite, 5455 Meridian Mark Rd, Ste 400, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1709-20. 2009..We sought to estimate late recurrence rates for the most common pediatric cancers and to determine risk factors for late recurrence...
- Severity of health conditions identified in a pediatric cancer survivor programKaren Wasilewski-Masker
The Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service at Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30342, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:976-82. 2010..0 (CTCAE) was designed for reporting acute and late effects of cancer treatment. To date, no study of pediatric-aged cancer survivors has graded health conditions using CTCAE, for patients in active follow-up in a cancer survivor program...
- Assessment of family psychosocial functioning in survivors of pediatric cancer using the PAT2.0Jordan Gilleland
AFLAC Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, USA
Psychooncology 22:2133-9. 2013..This study aimed to examine clinical validity and utility of a screening measure for familial psychosocial risk, the Psychosocial Assessment Tool 2.0 (PAT2.0), among pediatric cancer survivors participating in long-term survivorship care...
- Gemcitabine and docetaxel (GEMDOX) for the treatment of relapsed and refractory pediatric sarcomasLouis Rapkin
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, AFLAC Cancer Center, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:854-8. 2012..Patients with relapsed pediatric sarcomas have a poor outcome and are in need of novel effective therapies...
- Perceptions of body mass index (BMI) in pediatric cancer survivors and their providersSwati V Elchuri
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
Pediatr Blood Cancer 61:1445-50. 2014..Perceptions of BMI status in cancer survivors have been understudied. This study determines the accuracy of parent/survivor and provider reporting of BMI status in a cancer survivor program...
- Endocrine health problems detected in 519 patients evaluated in a pediatric cancer survivor programBriana C Patterson
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, M S, Emory Children s Center, 2015 Uppergate Drive, Suite 232 NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:810-8. 2012..Many pediatric cancer survivors have endocrine conditions. Surveillance for late effects is recommended by national guidelines. Endocrine surveillance is recommended after alkylating agents, steroids, methotrexate, and radiation...
- Adrenal function testing in pediatric cancer survivorsBriana C Patterson
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1302-7. 2009..Central adrenal insufficiency is observed after cranial radiation therapy for cancer. Screening at risk patients is recommended, but the best screening strategy is unknown...
- Intracavitary cisplatin therapy for pediatric malignanciesHoward M Katzenstein
AFLAC Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Services, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:452-6. 2010..The aim of the study was to determine the toxicity and efficacy of locally instilled intracavitary cisplatin in patients with recurrent tumors in closed body cavities...
- Osteonecrosis in adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor studyNina S Kadan-Lottick
Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3038-45. 2008..Osteonecrosis (ON) is a potentially serious complication of therapy in survivors of childhood cancer. Our goals were to describe the incidence of ON and identify patient and treatment characteristics associated with elevated risk...